• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root com.htc.bmp Force Stop?

I have unrevoked installed on my EVO and over the last couple of weeks, I have noticed VERY slow internet speeds and an almost constant com.htc.bmp force stop message. Usually after this message, this is when the internet takes a duece. I have NOT accepted any OTA updates...I am thinking of unrooting it and dealing with the bloatware, because the performance has been sucking out loud! Any suggestions?

Did you freeze anything with titanium backup (or flat out remove it)? That's almost always caused by freezing/removing something you shouldn't have. Can you tell me what all you did? Also, is that the exact process name?

I did freeze some stuff and trying to find out exactly where this list is...I know it's easy to find...and I will realize that when I find it!

I haven't messed with anything since rooting about 3 months ago, and this is a fairly recent issue.

The error says co.htc.bmp experienced a problem and must be force stopped (or something to that effect).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones