• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help com.htc.fotafailnotify ???

i think it's your OTA update failing. however im not sure what you mean by saying between applications? are you running catlog and gettint log of services running or using some creapy task killer which is producing this information which i think it shouldn't.
still im not sure what this service mean but noticed that when HTC pushes OTA update they call it FOTA, thus, either you get failure of OTA or just notification that there is no OTA. check your setting and about the phone check for updates maybe it will solve the problem. but if you using task killer then it is a real problem as no android users should ever touch this evil thing called Task killer :) (spooky) but true as most of the time it kills or shows processes that should not be accessible for newbie android user (unless has great experience on what he/she is doing)

Upvote 0
i think it's your OTA update failing. however im not sure what you mean by saying between applications? are you running catlog and gettint log of services running or using some creapy task killer which is producing this information which i think it shouldn't.
still im not sure what this service mean but noticed that when HTC pushes OTA update they call it FOTA, thus, either you get failure of OTA or just notification that there is no OTA. check your setting and about the phone check for updates maybe it will solve the problem. but if you using task killer then it is a real problem as no android users should ever touch this evil thing called Task killer :) (spooky) but true as most of the time it kills or shows processes that should not be accessible for newbie android user (unless has great experience on what he/she is doing)

First off, I don't use any task killer ;)

Second, I've updated to Froyo and the latest OTA update, both succesfuly updated.

If you go to settigns -> applications, you get a list of all applications installed on your phone. It's in that list that I found it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones