.com htc not working. What does it mean

Last Updated:

1. fridgy

fridgy New Member This Topic's Starter

First post so be gentle fellow desire owners ;-)

Awesome phone! I am sooo happy words can not describe. My daughter however ( who actually had a little mishap when she played with it (joke)) isn't so lucky.

She got one today and, although calls and text are working fine, she keeps getting a message " .com HTC not working". She's asked my advise as the " wonderful wizard of dad" and I 've got nothing!

My last phone was a D900 so you can appreciate how totally lost I am when hers does that and mine works flawlessly. I'm just asking if more knowledgeable people here know how I can advise her.

I am totally new to android (but learning quickly). So is my daughter but she's dangerously computer and phone savvy! :D No clever replys please. SHE WILL BRICK THE PHONE!! Not shouting but I know my girl ;)

The information on here over the past 2 months has been invaluable ( Thanks in particular lekky) so thank you all in advance and happy desiring!

One happy chappy!

Advertisement
  2. miles_t

miles_t Member

Not heard of this one before. Is it at any particular time that the message appears? Is it stopping any functionality? I would suggest contacting either your phone supplier or HTC to see if they know.

fridgy likes this.
  3. fridgy

fridgy New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the quick response.

It isn't affecting any phone functions at all. Just pops up randomly and 'force closes' whatever application it is trying to run (closes too fast to see which one). More of an annoyance than anything. The full message reads ' Com.HTC.bg has stopped working'.

Tried a factory reset.No change. Thought it might be the update thing but her phone says it's up to date. She is well pleased otherwise it's just like I say. . . baffling. :confused: