com.samsung.phoneinfo?

1. itchybig

itchybig Member

Okay, I may have done something stupid. I made a backup of the com.samsung.phoneinfo apk using ES file explorer, and then I uninstalled the system app. Now I can't reinstall the backed up apk. How bad did I mess up, and is there a way to reinstall it? I've tried with ES, APK installer, and with the stock google installer. No luck.

Advertisement
    :
  2. itchybig

itchybig Member

I meant to remove 'com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo', not the 'com.samsung.phoneinfo'
  3. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Copy the file back to the location you made the backup from. Make sure the read/write permissions for the file are the same as the rest of the files in that folder, and then reboot.
    Doc likes this.
  4. itchybig

itchybig Member

Awesome, thanks. Can anyone who's running stock do a search for the file and tell me what directory to put it in?
  5. bilgerryan

bilgerryan Well-Known Member

System/app, permissions=0644
    itchybig, Doc and Codegerm like this.
  6. itchybig

itchybig Member

Screenshot_2013-08-31-10-05-29~01.png

I tried placing the file in system/app and I set the permissions to 0644, and rebooted. No joy. I also tried with a few different name variations and set the permissions to the same as the others you see in the pic. Still no joy. In the pic you will see the file with the original (backed up) name. So far the only thing that seems to be affected is my voicemail notification, but from I've read there is more to it than that. Thanks for helping me.
  7. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Are you still on ICS? You could slovw your problem and upgrade to JB all at the same time by flashing GC01..
  8. bilgerryan

bilgerryan Well-Known Member

Just reflash your ROM and you'll have it back with correct permissions
    Codegerm likes this.