Combined Calendar App

Last Updated:

1. baka

baka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone know a good calendar app that will combine my corporate and personal calendars together? for instance, on the iphone when you opened the calendar it would combine your personal and corporate calendars together. i used to use the iphone calendar a lot and have found myself never using the android version because it doesnt show my corporate and personal appointments.

does anyone know an app that will do this or if its a setting im just missing in the standard calendar? its just annoying that i need to have two.

Advertisement
  2. scorpicon

scorpicon Member

Sadly, the way it works out of the box is you have a Google Calendar app, and a "Corporate Calendar" app that uses Exchange calendars. I don't know if there are 3rd party apps that allow combining the two types.

3. baka

appreciate the help, but you kinda just gave me answer that basically reworded my question.

i know droid comes OEM with 2 calendars, google and corporate, and that it doesnt combine the two. i was wondering what you dont know, which is whether or not there are any apps that combine the two.

thanks... :confused:

4. scorpicon

scorpicon Member

Oops, sorry. I apparently just focused on your second paragraph which asked if there was a setting in the standard calendar app you didn't see.

Wish I could help more. I'm interested to know the answer myself.

5. Paul1201

Paul1201 Well-Known Member

6. baka

I could but I use outlook 2010 at work and Google calendar wont sync with it. Plus, I'd really rather have an app. Not to go all apple fanboy but I really just want the two to sync iPhone style or an app that does it.

7. square

square Well-Known Member

i use pure grid calendar widget. syncs both calendars.

8. baka

pure grid costs money so unless its crazy good, i dont want to buy it.

is it just a widget or is it a full fledged app?

9. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Calwidget syncs both and its free, but its only a widget not a full app

10. baka

thanks, i'm giving it a shot. really wish someone would make a calendar app like this though. it seems pretty cool initially. just really wish it was app form... :(

11. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Yeah i figured you would want it to be full app so you could edit events and what not from it, instead of going into each calendar seperately :(

but it does allow you to open both cals from the widget which is nice.

12. baka

yeah, this is a pretty cool feature. but you're right, it would be awesome to add/delete/edit events from it as well. going to two calendars sucks, on the phone at least. from work its cool cuz i use outlook so its easier. but for personal events i dont ever go to google calendar, just use the phone.

maybe i'll email the dev.

13. p0k3y

p0k3y Member

Just found an app called Calendar Pad. Give it a try. It does combine both calendars automatically, but only seem to be able to add appt into the Gmail calendar, but not corp.

14. baka

hmm.... i dont see where it combines both calendars. it only seems to show my gCal and not my outlook calendar. i wouldnt mind if i could only add to the gcal cuz i use outlook for work so...

if you know how to fix the settings, please let me know. i cant seem to find it.

15. p0k3y

p0k3y Member

Does ur Outlook calendar show up as Corporate Calendar on native Droid? Is it sync'ed to Exchange? If it does, then this prog should automatically combine the two. I didn't have to tinker with any setting.

16. Willoweey

Willoweey New Member

I am so happy I stumbled onto this forum. I am trying to look at a combined calendar as well, but can't seem to get the Calendar Pad to show both calendars - only my personal calendar. My Outlook calendar does show up as my corporate calendar in Droid and is synced to exchange. Any tips? baka did you get yours to work?

17. p0k3y

p0k3y Member

Sorry, my mistake, Calendar Pad only displays personal calendar items, not corp calendar. My personal calendar had some work appts that got sync'ed when I had a WinMob phone. So the search continues...

18. remoteshoppe

remoteshoppe Member

I use the iCal calendar widget and it pulls both my Gmail and Corporate exchange calendar right to the home screen