• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Combining plans(family) & pre-ordering

dibs ODDJOB

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
Question:

My fiance and myself want to combine our separate accounts into a family plan. Can we both pre-order the Incredibles ourselves, then once we get them, go into the store and combine the accounts? Do we pay a penalty for this?

I don't think we can do this online, since I have to sign something saying she is responsible for my account.

My wife and I are doing the same thing. I called VZW several times to verify the order:

1. Each of you upgrade your phones separately and get the NE2 discount.
2. Activate phones on individual lines.
3. Call Verizon and do an "Assumption of Liability" and pick a family plan

They also said that one of you will be the primary and if one of your gets an employee discount with Verizon they should be the primary name on the account.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
My wife and I are doing the same thing. I called VZW several times to verify the order:

1. Each of you upgrade your phones separately and get the NE2 discount.
2. Activate phones on individual lines.
3. Call Verizon and do an "Assumption of Liability" and pick a family plan

They also said that one of you will be the primary and if one of your gets an employee discount with Verizon they should be the primary name on the account.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I've heard this can be done, just wanted to make sure I didn't get locked into two separate plans for two years that cost $90 each, instead of the family plan, which will be much cheaper for us. And yes, my fiance gets an employee discount, which is why she will be the primary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones