Combining plans(family) & pre-orderingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Question:

My fiance and myself want to combine our separate accounts into a family plan. Can we both pre-order the Incredibles ourselves, then once we get them, go into the store and combine the accounts? Do we pay a penalty for this?

I don't think we can do this online, since I have to sign something saying she is responsible for my account.

Advertisement
  2. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

Assuming both are off contract (your 2 years are up) , If you both have NE2 i would go into the store or call to work out how to use both discounts, if not, I would upgrade one plans phone, then add the a 2nd line with the new incredible.

3. Andoug

Andoug Well-Known Member

Not sure with your situation but I had no problem upgrading our plan (an old Alltel plan) and pre-ordering the Incredible. You can always check with live chat on the Verizon site. The times I've used it the reps have been really helpul and spot on with their replies.

4. dibs ODDJOB

Well she is out of contract, and eligible for NE2, but it's probably only $30 since she is on a dumbphone. I am still in contract, not eligible for NE2, but eligible for annual upgrade. She will be the primary account.

How do I get to Live chat on VZW

5. justing1319

justing1319 Member

My wife and I are doing the same thing. I called VZW several times to verify the order:

1. Each of you upgrade your phones separately and get the NE2 discount.
    2. Activate phones on individual lines.
    3. Call Verizon and do an "Assumption of Liability" and pick a family plan

They also said that one of you will be the primary and if one of your gets an employee discount with Verizon they should be the primary name on the account.

Hope this helps.

6. dibs ODDJOB

Thanks, I've heard this can be done, just wanted to make sure I didn't get locked into two separate plans for two years that cost $90 each, instead of the family plan, which will be much cheaper for us. And yes, my fiance gets an employee discount, which is why she will be the primary.