1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast App. Android 2.0

Last Updated:

1. jtstretch

jtstretch Active Member This Topic's Starter

The “Comcast mobile App” will be delayed until 12/03 forAndroid devices. Originally, it was scheduled to launch yesterday, 11/30.The release available for Android devices will be version 2.0.

The features included in Android 2.0 include: Email Inbox; Voicemail; Universal Address Book; TV Listings/Guide; On Demand; myDVR Manager; Videos On Demand. In order to support these products and help reduce some confusion surrounding the products, features, services and applications we have developed a new LOQ – XFINITY Features that should be your starting point for each of these products.

My source is direct since i work for them. FYI...

Advertisement
  2. djstarion

djstarion Member

Is this still being launched today?

3. jtstretch

its supposed to but i dont see it and didnt get no corporate email today.. who knows, its not the 1st time we have delayed stuff!!!!! sorry, maybe i shouldnt have posted. now i look ******ed

4. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

comcast late for something? i don't believe it! :D

5. jtstretch

The Droid app is now available and it’s listed as XFINITY Mobile (please use search words “Comcast” or “Xfinity” to download in Droid Market- App will not come up as Comcast Mobile App). This mobile app is free.

The features included in Android 2.0 include: Email Inbox; Voicemail; Universal Address Book; TV Listings/Guide; On Demand; myDVR Manager; Videos On Demand.

here it is, sorry guys & gals for the latency!!!!!

karma2burn likes this.
  6. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor

I got it just now. It is under XFINITY Mobile. I had to get it from the Market directly from the phone. AppBrain and market via AndroidForums does not show it on the search.

You need a comcast.net email address to use it, which might be only available if you are internet subscriber, (although you might be able to get the email address just by being a phone or TV subscriber, but I dont know).

Already set my DVR to record something and I was able to see all my calls from in last 24 hrs. So it is a pretty slick app so far.

7. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

I would love to have seen it be able to control the cable boxes too, such as changing channels, etc. Oh well.

8. Bikegeek

Bikegeek Well-Known Member

The Xfinity app for my iPad does that........... Maybe we'll get that and OnDemand viewing soon (please Santa)?

9. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

10. cortecds

cortecds Well-Known Member

I just got an email from comcast that said:
    The free XFINITY TV app offers a brand new way to remote control. Find your favorite programs, schedule your DVR, start an On Demand program, change the channel on your TV and more.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] XFINITY TV app
    Now available for:
    ————————————
    iPad™
    iPhone

11. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor

From the website, it seems like you select the from the guide and click Watch on TV... so it is not acting like your infrared remote, it's actually the cable changing the channel, like it does for DVR.

How evil would it be to change the channel from work, while my wife is home watching it? :D

12. cortecds

cortecds Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking or my kids.
    I am definitely doing it and not telling them I have the app, just keep switching it to some lame show.LOL:D

13. jtstretch

not sure about you all but im getting major problems on my D inc with this app. had to uninstall. it was causing the touch screen to go ape #%@$ like a ghost was going to town touching it. also the app itself was locking up a lot. Bummer!

14. jlo3603

jlo3603 New Member

Can Comcast do nothing right?? I downloaded the new app, very excited because it looked like a really useful way to manage my comcast email from my phone. But as the previous commenter noted, it freezes my phone and gets stuck downloading messages. I'll uninstall and reinstall, but I'm not hopeful. I'd be interested to hear if others have had the same problems.

15. lewie194

lewie194 Member

I installed it on the day that it came out on Market. After I used it for a few minutes I noticed that the back of my HTC DINC was very warm and that my battery had chunked down quite a bit. Along with that, the lack of a landscape view on the TV listing is a deal breaker. Portrait view is far too limiting.

16. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

And do these apps count as BW usage?

17. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

It is now over nine months since the last post in this thread, and the Xfinity app is still not working properly. I installed it and discovered that the "manual" setting in how often to download e-mail is broken. You can set it to "manual," and it still downloads new e-mail every hour.

I had to uninstall it.

18. kwalla

kwalla Well-Known Member

I installed this the other day.. and it works perfectly.