Comcast / Xfinity - On DemandSupport

Last Updated:

1. Baddabing

Baddabing New Member This Topic's Starter

I have been going to the Comcast On Demand website and I log in. I then try to view a movie or show and I end up with a blank screen. I am unable to watch anything from comcast. Now that they have it on the web has anyone been able to view an On Demand program on their Fascinate?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I'm not a comcast customer, but I would imagine that they are using Flash or Silverlight to stream the movies. If that is the case then you won't be able to view the Flash streams until we get 2.2. If it is Silverlight then you won't be able to view anything until someone can bring Silverlight to Android.

3. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

im not a comcast customer, but I would check if comcast even allows streaming to mobile devices. I would imagine most companies would only allow it to computers (hulu).

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I wonder what the difference would be in their view.

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

usually has to do with broadcast rights and the like and a bunch of legal junk. probably has to do with the way companies define devices for ad purposes.

if that is the case and its blocked, custom roms on 2.2 can get around it most likely, as i have hulu on my incredible