come on verizon!

Last Updated:

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just letting everyone know if you get a refurb inspect the hell out of it. i just got mine and i opened it to see 2 big dents on the face and a wierd imperfection in the glass. luckily i got somone in customer service that understood that i was less than impressed and they are shipping me another one.Idiots, like im going to ship them back mine that looks brand new for one that got hit by a train!

Advertisement
  2. SoDroid

SoDroid Well-Known Member

Jeez, i thought a refurb phone might be better. Considering it had a previous owner test-drive the device, then it was further inspected by Verizon techs.
    Guess I'm wrong.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Can you imagine what they REJECTED??? :confused:

4. aaronmach1

she said that they were very sorry i should never have recieved a phone like that and the refurbs are supposed to look brand new. ill find out on wednesday what my next one looks like.

5. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Well its typical Verizon behavior. I have fios and my router broke, they sent me a router that wouldn't even turn on. Got to love it

6. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

I've had good luck from Verizon. Must have been a fluke.

7. SAFE_2006

SAFE_2006 Active Member

I don't know why people are so surprised that their "inspected" refurbs aren't pristine. I have come to expect a used product to be just that, USED! I am an auto tech by trade (at 3 legit well-known L.A. dealerships) and have seen 100 point inspections "performed" on used cars before they are sold. It's a basic "does everything work?" and is it "safe to drive?", then it's off to detail to make someone else's trade look shiny enough to sell. Its just business, which sucks for the consumer, but it all comes down to cost-cutting. Hire a mediocre refurb tech to "inspect" returned phones and save, instead of shelling out decent pay for a professional.
    Sorry for my rant but speaking from a business point of view and personal experience, refurbs suck 95% of the time.

8. Blasek

Blasek Well-Known Member

Back in the day I got a refurbished phone from verizon... the phone it self looks good and clean, but the hinge for the flip was so loose it wouldnt stay closed, and all logos were removed from the phone completely... no verizon logo, no LG logo, nothing. Bet your ass they sent me another one.

9. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

I got a referb. Works fine, looks fine.

As long as you have insurance, your covered.

kbayer likes this.
  10. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Yes, but the process, when it plays out like this, is still a pain the butt.

11. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

I have had countless refurbs sent to me from Verizon and while many had issues that were inherent to the hardware, they never had physical damage. Each and everyone looks brand new. i would say what happened to the OP was the exception, not the rule.

12. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Ditto. I've dealt with refurbs a number of times. On an aside, I'm guessing you can tell it's a refurb because the original EIN sticker as been covered with a new sticker?

13. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I stand by refurbished products SO LONG AS they are aesthetically and physically perfect. I have purchased MANY refurbished products that are solid, tight and even smell new. I have pretty much gotten the luck of the draw and gotten 100% perfect-looking, aesthetically new refurbished. Unfortunately, I have not had a refurb experience with VZW. My refurb experience with cell phones is restricted to Sprint. Sprint always sent new looking phones, free from defect. But according to the other posts, sounds like an isolated incident and not the norm.

14. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

See http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/51405-refurbished-droids-risky.html

I am awaiting my 4th refurb.

1. proximity sensor did not work at all. Screen would black out and lock up, often requiring a battery pull.

2. speaker was defective and crackled (luckily the tech at the store noticed it during activation.

3. Got this one home and noticed the same odd big dents at the bottom and a chip out of the corner of the screen. Also, some of the plastic trim around it was loose and rattled/clicked whenever I held it.

4. We'll see what fedex brings. This one will get a thorough once over before I go through the setup all over again.

Normally I am happy to take a refurb and save some $....but it seems that there is a Quality control issue here.

15. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

One of the Verizon Refurb's at the store was unboxed and given to me with a shattered screen. They didn't have any other ones and tried to make me take the broken one for a few days until a different one came in. They wouldn't give me my old one back because they already "switched me out of it". Lets just say that I walked back out with the one that I went in with.

I really can't wait to find an Android phone (high powered, full touch) thats NOT on the Verizon network, so that I can leave. Verizon has obviously gotten so big that they don't care about customer concerns or quality of devices. They think that they will get everyone that is mad at AT&T for their overloaded iPhone network, because Verizon has better (supposedly) coverage.

[​IMG]

16. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I refuse to believe any VZ rep would try and push that thing off on anyone.

17. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Agreed. 0837s seems to be rabble-rousing a bit. I've found my interactions with Verizon to be pretty darn good whenever I've had an issue. But maybe I'm biased because I had to deal with the networks over at ATT and Sprint for a decade before I finally made the switch. This kid isn't ever going back.

18. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I smell BS. Anyway, let him go to another network and find out just how good he had it with VZW.

19. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Frankly, it begs the question, what did he take the picture of the broken Droid with if Verizon had initially refused to return his old Droid. Whiff....whiff....something don't smell right.

20. xodustrance

xodustrance Well-Known Member

well I just got my "refurb" from the VZW store - basically still has the plastic on the screen and the back of the screen. Thing looks brand spanking new.

21. tbflx

tbflx Active Member

Verizon =/= Verizon Wireless.

Two different companies.

22. aaronmach1

well i got another one in the mail today. its definatley a refurb cause i can see the stickers inside were removed and new ones put in almost the same spot. So far so good i guess. No dents or scratches. Im rooting it right now so we will see how that goes.

23. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Yes, I was going to say that going into the store and talking to the reps face to face sometimes has really good results. And the broken phone...there is NO way that a VZW store would tell you to leave the store with that. NO way.