Comes in at #8 of the Top 50 Mobile PhonesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. PowerCosmic

PowerCosmic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Stupid list. There is no way you can have the Droid Incredible before the Droid original. The Droid popularized the platform, and far more of them were sold than will ever be sold for the Incredible (don't get me wrong, the Incredible is hands down the best phone out there NOW, but the only way this kind of list makes sense is by looking at the phone at it's peak).

And you don't hit a BB until #19, despite the fact they greatly changed how business communication happens.

That list is barely worth the $0.013 it costs to host.

3. androidxen

androidxen Well-Known Member

1. We all know that the Droid Incredible has its flaws. The list's only mentioned flaw is its corny look... really?
    2. This is arguable, but I think the Nexus One should be above the Incredible...

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

The Droid and The Nexus One should be ahead of it. The list isn't about what's the better phone it's about what phone had the most influence on mobile telephones ( or so I gathered)

I agree the Iphone 2G should be #1 but the Incredible should be mid pack. The Droid and Nexus One should both be in the Top 5-10. Those 3 phones really are going to be remembered as ground breakers when the future phones start rolling out that will have features that are just going to be crazy

5. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the iPhone 4 is ahead of the EVO 4G. Pretty much everything that the iPhone 4 does, the EVO 4G did long before it and it also did it better. Not to mention, it was the first ever 4G phone. Like Euph said, this list is dumb.

Theodosius likes this.
  6. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Well, they picked the iPhone as the number 1 phone of all time, so you know what I think about their top 50....

They're probably all at home watching Sponge Bob while they munch on their twinkies!

7. MrBlanks

MrBlanks Active Member

Do you really deny the importance of the first iPhone? It really did set the standard of smartphones today including our Incredibles. The list is still garbage though since the iPhone 4 is somehow so high up for no reason and blackberry, N1, and the Droid is so low.

8. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

No Iphone 2g no Incredible. That's the way I see it. Iphone paved the way, then got left behind in a cloud of smoke

9. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

I too am sort of confused why the iPhone is number 1. It is a huge deal for paving the way, but I think that a more revolutionary device would be a BB or Palm, as they introduced the idea of email on the phone. Also, the iPhone 4 is not that good to be better than the N1 or Droid 1 or even Inc.

-Nkk

10. fluffyz

fluffyz Member

Droid Incredible definitely deserved to be up there because it was basically the phone that blew all other Android phones out of the water at the time, and, until the iPhone 4, was probably the best phone in the world. I don't understand how the Droid 2 made it on that list. It really didn't do anything, same with the Droid X. G1, Incredible, Droid, iPhone, and HTC Hero all deserve to be top ten.

11. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

Droid 2 @ 42, while the Droid 1 is at 20?

IBM Simon from 1993 @ #14 ? How many of us had one of those???

Iphone 4 @ 6 and best laugh of the list was....

Moto Razr @ #3

Are these guys on crack?

12. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

4. Danger Sidekick (Hip-Top)

Hahaha!!!!.....
    no.

Crashumbc likes this.
  13. ikadakimas

ikadakimas Active Member

The Sidekick paved the way.... .. for other sidekicks?

Crashumbc likes this.
  14. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

how did the lg chocolate and pearl make the list? i've owned and hated both those phones....although the battery life and charge time on the pearl was pretty sweet. and whats with the iphone being on there twice? list is lame.

15. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

I agree with the pearl. It seems (at least from my limited sample of one college campus) that the iPhone revolutionized the smartphone, but the BB Pearl is the one that carried that revolution to other carriers, as it was the closest thing (it had email, threaded texts, internet connection). Also, it had a form factor much smaller than the equivalent HTC WinMo phones or the Palm one (not Pre...their last Treo or two). Again, IMHO.

The chocolate, IIRC, was the phone that brought media phones to the masses. Not smartphones that play media, but what would today be feature phones (although I do not think it had web in its first iteration).

-Nkk

16. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

I think the sidekick made the whole external qwerty keyboard popular, so I can see the relevance.

17. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

This list is about importance or revolutionary of the cell phones, not comparing the specs of the phones.

18. sbmhome

sbmhome Well-Known Member

I don't think the list was made by anyone with true knowledge of the industry. I spotted two mistakes within 2 minututes.

1. EVO 4G - Has a 4.3 screen not a 4.2.

2. Motorola StarTac is NOT the 1st flip phone.

19. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

As I went through that, I kept thinking "The StarTac better be up high on the list." and there it was, where it deserved to be.

These lists are so subjective, every "cell phone genius" out there is going to have their own idea of what should be where. Nothing wrong with that as it makes for good convo, though.

20. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member