• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comfort Food

Not trying to bring in the burger debate. Five Guys is honestly absolute garbage. Not to say that in a bad way but it's something I pick up when I'm starving and need a little pick me up. It's easy, cheap, and good comfort food for me. In fact I'm on my way there now.

Lol, Shake Shack makes a solid burger. I enjoy going there once or twice a month.

Upvote 0
Lol, Shake Shack makes a solid burger. I enjoy going there once or twice a month.

The first time I saw that I wondered why anyone would make a place JUST for shakes. *face palm*

I know you're fairly close to me - my mom loves Puerto Rican food. We used to go to a little hole in the wall in Hackensack but they either closed or moved. Where can I take her for some yummies? And if they have chicharrones (spelling?) I'd be eternally grateful.

Upvote 0
The first time I saw that I wondered why anyone would make a place JUST for shakes. *face palm*

I know you're fairly close to me - my mom loves Puerto Rican food. We used to go to a little hole in the wall in Hackensack but they either closed or moved. Where can I take her for some yummies? And if they have chicharrones (spelling?) I'd be eternally grateful.

I don't know of any spots in Jersey since I can't stand driving in Jersey lol, but if you ever take a trip into the city - check out this Cuban restaurant called Cabana. They have awesome chicharron, churrasco, ropa vieja, and camarones de ajillo.

If you want some strictly Puerto Rican cuisine, there's Sofrito and Sazon, which are both in Manhattan also. One is on the Upper East Side and the other is downtown in Tribeca (I think?).

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Agreed, dieting does suck. All of our owners are dieting and can't taste a lot of the food we make. I have the opposite problem, I barely eat anything despite being surrounded by food all day.
I am a huge lover of mayonnaise though! Just exposed to Dukes a little while back and I'm a lover. Give me some great bread, gorgeous tomatoes and a huge slathering of mayo and I'm a happy guy.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I LOVE the taste of them deep fried roasted flies!!

They taste great!! :)

TACHIN23.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm roasted flies are the best! :)

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Agreed, dieting does suck. All of our owners are dieting and can't taste a lot of the food we make. I have the opposite problem, I barely eat anything despite being surrounded by food all day.
I am a huge lover of mayonnaise though! Just exposed to Dukes a little while back and I'm a lover. Give me some great bread, gorgeous tomatoes and a huge slathering of mayo and I'm a happy guy.

I've never tried Dukes. I've eaten Hellmann's all of my life. My wife is a Miracle Whip person so we've always had a jar of each in the fridge.
All four of my children grew up with the option readily at hand and all have gone down the Miracle Whip trail. Perhaps we are a minority. :(

Ice Cream!

Having some from a place tonight that does homemade. Walking there and back (about 3 miles total) means I don't feel guilty about it

I like smooth vanilla ice cream with a hot piece of deep dish dutch apple pie under it. :D

Upvote 0
I've never tried Dukes. I've eaten Hellmann's all of my life. My wife is a Miracle Whip person so we've always had a jar of each in the fridge.
All four of my children grew up with the option readily at hand and all have gone down the Miracle Whip trail. Perhaps we are a minority. :(

I like smooth vanilla ice cream with a hot piece of deep dish dutch apple pie under it. :D

Miracle whip is gross!

Mmmmm, pie.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Miracle Whip is absolute heresy!
Dukes isn't as tangy as Hellmans but it's a lot richer. I'll go back and forth on either. Always a fan of making my own mayo.

Richer sounds good. I have always thought Hellmann's has an egg taste about it. Is it that flavor that is stronger with Dukes? Making your own mayo. Now that sounds interesting. :)

Upvote 0
Making your own mayo?
Do you have a food processor? Couldn't be easier:
2 egg yolks, pinch of salt, pepper, 3 Tbls of vinegar of your choice (white wine or lemon juice), spoonful of mustard (dijon is best); run the machine and slowly drizzle in about a cup of canola/olive oil blend.
That's a very basic mixture. After that, the skies the limit in what you can add!
Favorite addins: garlic, smoked paprika, horseradish, avocado, anything you want.

Upvote 0
Miracle Whip is absolute heresy!
Dukes isn't as tangy as Hellmans but it's a lot richer. I'll go back and forth on either. Always a fan of making my own mayo.

I wonder who else uses Miracle Whip. I can't be the only one. :D

I'll bet it's Stinky Stinky using it on his roasted fly tacos. mmmmm...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones