• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comic Book Reader Apps???

shawnely

Apr 2, 2012
OK, I have a Coby Kyros MID7127. I would like to use this to read comics during my commute to and from work.

I am looking for a comic reader to read mostly .cbr files.

I have been using ComicRack (full ver 1.52) and Droid Comic Viewer v1.3.11.1.

Both applications force close on me when I try to read most comics. Is there an app that anyone has tried that does not have this problem?

Is the android device I am trying to use the problem? If there a better (not so pricey) device out there that will meet my needs?

Thanks!

I found this great article that you should definitely check out. It includes all awesome comic book apps on google play ranging from indie comics, manga, webcomics, foreign comics, and your usual dc, marvel etc. for phones and tablets.

Top 15 Ultimate Comic Book Android Apps That You Ought To Check Out ~ Dominant Wire

Hope this helps :smokingsomb:

Everything there appears to be also a source of comics as well as a reader app - conspicuously absent are Perfect Viewer and Komik. The OP seems to be seeking just a reader app, for .cbr files that s/he already has.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones