• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coming (back) to a TU near you...

xaelith

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2012
Utah
Guess who's back?
Back again...
xaelith's back,
Tell a friend!

:p:p:p:p:p

All joking aside,I just ordered a used Sprint Transform Ultra today. I expect it to be in my hands no later than Thursday the 11th.

For those who may not know, I used to be an active member of the Ultra community. Then sometime last year, I switched to the Photon Q and later the Note 3 when it was released in October. While I've popped in every now and again to help answer questions or provide whatever other support I could, as always happens, real life and the shiny new toy in my pocket prevented me from being much more than an outside observer.

In all honesty, I regret not trying to find a way to keep a hold of my TU when I switched to the Note 3. Maybe it's because it was the first phone I really cut my devving teeth on, or because it's extremely rare to find a truly supportive community like the one we have here, or maybe I just miss the love/hate give and take push and pull you find in working on this phone. :D :p Whatever the case may be, it all boils down to...

I'M BACK!!!

See you around! ;)

Used to have the transform ultra megatron rom great phone. I just popped in here for old times sake. Think this form is dead unfortunately man. I jumped ship to Galaxy S3 great phone! Great community as well. Oh I wiped the transform phone. Be willing to ship it to you free of charge. It's the least I can do for all this community did for me.

Reactions: xaelith
Upvote 0
Used to have the transform ultra megatron rom great phone...

Yep, that's why I got another one! :D

...Think this form is dead unfortunately man...

I wouldn't be surprised; this community was small to begin with, and the phone is well over 3 years old by this point. The main reason I wanted it was to get back into devving. ;) For my main driver, I use a Note 3.

...Oh I wiped the transform phone. Be willing to ship it to you free of charge. It's the least I can do for all this community did for me.

That's great! What carrier is it for? PM me for shipping info.

It's good to see you still around...

Thanks! :) I peek in from time to time, but I've been getting the itch to dev again, and I figured "what better phone to re-learn on than the one I started with?" :D (that way I get the kinks worked out so I don't brick my precious N3 :p)

Upvote 0
I'm surprised to see any recent action here. I have 2 TU's and just decided to use one for an mp3 player to keep in my car because my Moto G I use daily has no removable sd and not a lot of internal storage. I was hoping to see some ROMs I hadn't seen since I retired my TU's. I never tried the CM7 alpha here and unfortunately the download is gone now.

Upvote 0
The TU section is pretty much forgotten. Unfournately.. I am just glad I was able to be part of the good ole' days of this device, as I was able to work with a great group of people. Really learned a great deal and forever in debt to the original group. Wish some people of this group had gone to the XDA threads as I have. The other site doesnt like to help so much. As the orginial group here took the time to help everyone. Made sure you understood what was going on..

Reactions: chevanlol360
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones