• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AMTrombley0924

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
California
Should I get the M? I have an upgrade in december, and I really love the form factor. My main concern is, I want a phone that will be supported for at least a full year. I like my 4, but I feel like its an afterthought to Motorola as far as design and in software support. I feel like you need to have a highly successful phone (as opposed to the niche market phone the D4 is) to receive support for a respectable amount of time.

The honest truth is I will most likely want a new phone by the end of 2013 as well (I have a real hard time sticking with a phone for a full contract), but is the M a good phone that will get continuous love for 2013? Does the phone seem like it will be able to handle anything 2013 might throw at it (as far as software)?

My concern is that it will just fall off the map in a few months. I mean, the original Droid RAZR still turns heads and attracts attention. And until the HD came out, it was Motorola's baby, so it got updates first and so on. What I DON'T like about the HD is the size and the full kevlar back. I know the M has it too, but it's at least minimized to an inset, so for those of you wondering why I don't just get a RAZR HD, that is why. Essentially I want the support that the original Droid RAZR (and possibly the RAZR HD) will get with the compact form (that I feel is just as attractive as other high end phones) that the M offers.

The big question is will this phone be able to have the longevity to stay in the mainstream for a decent amount of time, or will it just be another "niche" phone that is cool for a few months and then disappears.

I keep thinking of this phone as a Motorola version of an HTC One S. Not the flagship X, but even today, the S is still a sweet phone to own, and it is still attractive and supported by HTC. That is the type of longevity I want. Does the M that phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones