Coming from an S4Support

Last Updated: 2014-04-12 07:59:17
  1. BerginUK

BerginUK New Member

This phone is great. But something I'm really missing from TouchWiz is the ability to swipe down from the top of the screen and immediately reveal settings (i.e brightness, lock orientation, wifi etc.).

Are there any apps available that provide this functionality?

Advertisement
  2. jlede

jlede Well-Known Member

Do you mean like this
    Edit: I was using two fingers to view this easier
    [​IMG]
  3. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

A solution has been posted but if you're after something more like on a Galaxy then try the app "settings extended"

I came from the S3 and use it as I missed the quick toggles that I use often :)
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

One thing I really wish google would implement from the custom ROM community is the customizable quicksettings tiles and the quick pull down.

That would essentially give you everything you're asking for, but is currently available only for rooted users.
  5. b00bs

b00bs Member

Just install power toggle and you're good. Don't forget to check on Notification within app.
  6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

just to clarify, simply swipe down from the notification area wit "two" fingers instead of one.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. andyacecandy

andyacecandy Well-Known Member

+1 for Power Toggle

I came from a Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 and missed this as well. Power Toggle is awsome.
  8. akmsr

akmsr Well-Known Member

so it is acceptable to use extra software than an extra finger?
  9. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

It is for me, screen rotate, flashlight, mobile data, quick audio and wifi hotspot toggles aren't accessible using the two fingered swipe. All stuff I use daily.
  10. Rxpert83

This is some of what's available for rooted users (sound is as well, but I have it configured not to show up)

That's all available with a pulldown with one finger on the right side of the screen.

If you pulldown on the left side that's your normal notification panel.

Not that I'm trying to convince people to root :p

[​IMG]
  11. akmsr

akmsr Well-Known Member

@rxpert83
    is that with gravitybox?
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  12. Rxpert83

Stock + Xposed + gravity box or just about any custom ROM already has it as a feature
    akmsr likes this.
  13. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

I'll have a Nexus 5 in my hand next week. It may last 24hrs before being flashed with CM11. I love their notifications panel.