• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Coming from Blackberry....

jcfish

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
All,

I just bought my first Android phone, a Motorola Razr Maxx HD. Coming from Blackberry I am missing a few things. I'm sure someone here get guide me on the right path to Android freedom.

• On the call screen, is there a way to remove the picture icon. I don't use pictures and would love if I can bring the name and number front and center.
  • Is there such a thing as a universal inbox. I like to review what I received during and at the end of the day so I don't miss anything. Can I have all me emails, text, Whats App, Facebook, all calls (missed and dialed), voice messages, etc.
  • Customize calendar events to repeat on specific days of the week. Lets say Tuesday and Thursday.
There is more but this is enough to start.

Thank you, forums are awesome

i came from bb two months ago too. hopefully you dont need mass storage device capability, its the one hangup for me so far. i have found the rmhd to be a great device but it is not as business friendly as the bb...calendar/contact sync, ums mass storage, notification options (better on bb), etc. but you can find a 3rd party app to do most everything, which is cool

Upvote 0
I too went from my BB Storm 1 to this shiny new Razr Maxx HD. You should have seen the look on the salesmans face when I told him I would miss the old phone. The one thing I miss is that my BB would rotate pretty much all the time regardless of what screen I was on. This new phone doesn't rotate all the time. (like on the home screen unless I'm plugged into the HDMI cable or Smart Charger) But hey, this thing is friggin awesome so can't complain too much.

Upvote 0
There's an app in the play store called Ultimate Rotation Control that works well. There is a free version you can try for week. I ended up getting the paid version because it was killing me that WWF would not rotate for me to type chat in landscape mode. It's a little annoying that we need to buy an app for that, but it was worth it for me. I like to have my home screen rotate too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones