• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coming Over from the S4

Don't forget to throw in a SD card, since the 4.3 update you can send apps to your SD card. As far as the battery this requires some adjustments to the screen brightness, sync, etc. I have mine dimed in to where I get almost 2 days of battery out of it unless I am playing games or doing a lot of browsing on the internet, etc. Also, if you don't have LTE coverage (yet) I would put your S3 in CDMA only mode instead of CDMA/LTE because your phone will continuously search of a LTE signal which will drain the battery pretty dang fast. Enjoy your S3! :D

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Don't forget to throw in a SD card, since the 4.3 update you can send apps to your SD card. As far as the battery this requires some adjustments to the screen brightness, sync, etc. I have mine dimed in to where I get almost 2 days of battery out of it unless I am playing games or doing a lot of browsing on the internet, etc. Also, if you don't have LTE coverage (yet) I would put your S3 in CDMA only mode instead of CDMA/LTE because your phone will continuously search of a LTE signal which will drain the battery pretty dang fast. Enjoy your S3! :D

Indeed, I did mention quite a few times I bought a 32GB Micro, but I also mentioned that I'm keeping external space strictly for Pictures, Music, and Videos while the internal space is strictly for applications. I already installed everything I had and I still have 11GB free so I doubt I'll ever even break half of that ever to where I would even need to consider the external storage for applications.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's not a matter of turning the phone on from sleep, it's like if I'm watching a movie or something and I have it long ways, and I go to press the volume rocker, My thumb ends up hitting the lock button, lol.

A friend of mine complains about this as well. Personally, I don't have a problem avoiding hitting the power button when adjusting the volume. I use the volume rocker often to move the cursor when typing as well.

Reactions: Muilisx
Upvote 0
Hey Funky, Question for ya bud..

When I get an SMS message my led flashes like an ugly greenish yellow...NOT the blue it states should blink within the LED settings.

Only time I DO get a blue blink is on calls and voicemails.

Any clue?

In a time long ago...when I bought the darn thing..It was blue. Not sure at what point it changed to be honest.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones