Coming Sprint firmware updates for rooted phones...

Last Updated:

1. ortizdupri

ortizdupri Active Member This Topic's Starter

So obviously just picked up the EVO 4G and looking to root in order to remove the Sprint apps and other bloatware (Peep, Footprints, etc.). I'm just trying to find out if it will be possible to use OTA Sprint firmware updates (i.e. the inevitable 2.2 down the road) once the phone is rooted, and if so, will it reset the phone (delete all data) or merely revoke root access? Down the line, I'm not so concerned about having root access, mostly right now with removing the excess. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tkrechel

tkrechel Well-Known Member

The answer is there will be no reason to remove root once Sprint releases their update. Devs will have a Rom based on that update within hours of its release and it will be the same rom except you won't lose root access. Keep your root access it will be the same as what Sprint puts out except better

3. ortizdupri

ortizdupri Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that's definitely helpful. I was just worried about an update coming out, then waiting around for a while for a rooted ROM to come out.

4. tkrechel

tkrechel Well-Known Member

yeah the devs are all over those updates and usually have something with root access applied to the original rom within hours.

5. Hockeydood

Hockeydood Member

Definitely what I wanted to hear since I'm coming from my hacked Pre where Preware had to be reinstalled with every forced update. Became such a neucense to have to do that all the time.