Commando DigitizerSupport

1. LordOChaos

LordOChaos New Member

Hey all,

I am going to be purchasing a new digitizer for my Commando later this week. Does anyone know where I can find tear down instructions so that I can get my cool new 'non-broken' screen installed?

Go figure that the one time I had it in my hand, and tripped, I would drop it, face down, then stomp on it trying to recover from the fall, and then that little rock would be in the perfect place to shatter the screen, only to find out that I didn't have insurance on the darn thing. :eek:

Live and learn.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. LordOChaos

LordOChaos New Member

Nothing?

C'mon folks, I would really not like to do this blind. :)
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I know iFixit does teardowns of devices. I'm not sure if they do all devices or only some. I only check it out from links in tech blogs that are interesting.
    LordOChaos likes this.
  4. LordOChaos

LordOChaos New Member

Thanks pupkat, since I was receiving my digitizer today, I went there, and nope, they didn't have a thing on the c771.

Below is the part of my posting. For all of you who might be interested. More to follow.

I am about 2 hours from receiving my digitizer for my Casio c771.

Thanks!

It's Midnight Cinderella....

I had a friend whom I needed to help, then a class to attend, so I didn't start this project until 9 pm PST. I am done, and I am happy to say that I didn't have any left over screws, didn't lose any parts, and my screen appears to work as it did before I broke the darn thing.

I am tired, and want some time with my missus, so I am going to bed, but I plan to give a full accounting of this nightmare including some pictures for anyone else interested in taking this project on themselves.

Did I say previously that I was comfortable undertaking this? Whatever it was, I was smoking it wrong.

Night all.
    Unforgiven likes this.
  5. NE_Phil

NE_Phil Well-Known Member

Glad it came out all right. I'm interested to see how this went for you. I'm assuming you mean the glass touch screen when you say digitizer. I had never heard it called that.
    I'm interested in knowing where you can buy a replacement screen, too.
    Looking forward to seeing the process.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Glad it worked out OK. I'll be looking for your documentary:D, sounds interesting.
  7. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

please do post pictures. I think I might need to take apart my phone to get the water out.

Also, what tools did you use?
  8. mrbill686

mrbill686 New Member

Can you give me some info on getting the Commando apart,got my new digitzer now trying to get phone apart removed 4 screws from both front and back and tryed prying apart and no luck didn't want to force it
  9. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

you have to take off the black parts, front and back. you peel off the buttons and the grey plasic around the buttons. then there's four more screws on the sides. you need a three prong screw driver. that's as far as I got. I don't have a three tip screw driver.
  10. klwilson

klwilson New Member

since your last post have you totally fixed your phone? If so, will you PLEASE post the rest of the directions? I am replacing my screen and can't find directions anywhere.
  11. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

The original guy never posted again. I sent my old phone back. Never ordered a three prong screw driver
  12. ColtsWalker

ColtsWalker Well-Known Member