Commando UpdateGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-02-27 03:14:14
  1. RAYJAY193B

RAYJAY193B Member

just tried the update on mine says there is no new ones available yet ??? any ideas ???

Advertisement
  2. SkipShowers

SkipShowers Active Member

Just updated mine today.
  3. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

4. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

and if you can re-root it with the update.

I have Innopath frozen so I do not get it automatically
  5. rjglenn

Can someone post up their installed-recovery.sh file? It will be in the /system/etc folder. I want to do an experiement.
  6. dodgef25

dodgef25 Well-Known Member

Yup the download is available now. I downloaded it and installed it. I did un-freeze my bloatware just incase. I did not un-root. It unrooted me, I will try to re-root tomorrow. There is a new video app and music app as well as the Push To Talk app. I don't have anyone to try the PTT app with so I can't tell you how the quality is, but there is a tutorial video you can view.
  7. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

Just curious... If I freeze Innopath, do I still get updates for apps and such from the market? Or does that totally kill being able to get any updates at all?
  8. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Active Member

Yes you will still get normal app updates

As far as the update goes VZW can keep it IMO. We all know they aren't going to remove any bloat so adding anything is just going to slow my phone more and decrease battery life. No thanks!
    jfever311 likes this.
  9. paxchristos

paxchristos Well-Known Member

M100 cannot be rooted.
    I tried it last night on my wife's phone, and zergRush gets "Hellions with blue flames"

That means the hole for zergRush is patched.
  10. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

That is the main reason to wait until superoneclick finds the way in!
  11. SkipShowers

Does anyone know why we got a new music app with this update? It's much larger than the other music app which they also left on the phone. Also, why does it have to run in the background all the time?
  12. paxchristos

if it's googles's music player, that might be because they wanted you to have it (because, of course, big red knows better than you :p )
    On the other hand, it might be big red's music player, "encouraging" you to buy music from them... (I'll look at my wife's phone tonight and fix my post)
    SkipShowers likes this.
  13. SkipShowers

Yep, I thinkit is google music player, because when you do a search to find an artist it does a Google search. Great! Now we have two and I don't really play music from the phone.

Also, now my internal memory has jumped up to over 260mb with nothing on the phone (all on the SD card)

Can't reroot either. I knew I shouldn't have updated.
  14. rjglenn

Any positives?
  15. paxchristos

16. MartinSteele

MartinSteele New Member

i downloaded mine. no difference yet for me except the colors on the screen seem a little more vivid( probably just my eyes). I'm wanting to know if anyone had got the PTT to work yet i couldn't figure it out .
  17. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

After update my memory is at 237MB used internal storage and idles about 178MB used ram, battery seems about the same (after 2 days running) I don't like the new music player interface, I can't stand stuff that changes color randomly without me asking it too, the "3G" indicator at the top of the screen seems larger I might be crazy but it seems... I have no major improvements to note, I still have the one bug that drives me crazy, unknown compatability issue for HSP BT profile.
  18. MartinSteele

MartinSteele New Member

yeah the 3g icon is bigger
  19. rjglenn

Still looking for the install-recovery.sh script file from M070. I am wanting to go back to a stock recovery.
  20. SkipShowers

For sure Goggle music because now it wants to update it along with the new videos and verizon video. Not happy my internal memory is filling up with this junk and more ram is being used. We need a new root. ugh!
  21. HockeyFan4Life

HockeyFan4Life Active Member

how do you flash the dump-recovery.img?
  22. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Sir, I've been asking that for months. But no one has given me the step by step lol
  23. Hotel

Hotel Member

Not happy that I have lost root. Luckily I had left a few things frozen, they have not unfrozen after the update. So missing my root now though. PTT was not worth losing root.
  24. h20534

h20534 Member

Did the new google music overwrite the old Music app, or do they exist side-by-side now?