• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OTA Rootkeeper does not work. I had it on my phone, and it did not help. I wish I had left Inopath frozen, but I wanted to try PTT. NOT WORTH IT!!!! If I cant root this thing again soon, I will be looking for a different phone. WAY too much bloat crapware. Ram is a precious commodity, ya know?

Thanks for testing this out. I'm glad I did not attempt this. I'm still on the M070 update. I really wanted the M080 because supposedly the proximity sensor was fixed. My phone will hang up on people because my cheek touches the screen in the middle of a phone call and hit the hang up button on the screen. Gay.

Upvote 0
I updated and now I am frustrated because I accidentally pushed the PPT app and now it is a constantly on-going app. It is always in the notification menu and every time I try to go force stop it restarts the phone. I don't have the PPT service so every time I go into the app it just checks for service and then it tells me I don't have one...thanks but I don't need a whole app to stay ongoing just to tell me it is not connected!!!

Seriously Verizon has to pull its head out of its ass and stop overloading our phones with shit that we don't need or have little control over. I am seriously looking into rooting now....this phone is not bad, Verizon is making it bad!

I did the same thing and couldn't get the PTT to turn off. Then I pushed the tac key and it opened the GUI for PTT. I then hit the menu key and there is an option to disable PTT in the options.

Upvote 0
I have never used ptt before, and I would like to try it with my son who has a Rock. Does anyone know if they are compatible? tia

I've been PTTing with Convoyes, Ravines, Rocks, Boulders, Adventures, Brigades, and Blackberries since the update. Thats the advantage of the Commando's PTT vs. all the other PTT apps. It is the only one that you can PTT other VZW PTT phones. All of them, other than a couple of model Blackberries are basic phones and the BBs won't run Tikl or Voxer either.

This is depending on your son having PTT active on his phone.

Upvote 0
I am very mad and disappointed. This update took an okay phone and turned it into a total peice of crap. It crashes alot more often, apps come back w/ a force close 'cause something isn't responding, data transfers seem slower, wireless is worse, pretty much everything. Stuff lags super bad. Sometimes the phone won't even unlock. It is now a TOTAL POS UUGH! Add to that the recent interest in rooting seems to have been squashed now because of this update. What a bunch of crap. I wish I could raise hell and get some money back for anything other than this phone. Its not like I am asking a lot from this phone, I have downloaded literally 3 apps. WTF. Thanks for nothing Verizon, shove your PTT.

Upvote 0
I am very mad and disappointed. This update took an okay phone and turned it into a total peice of crap. It crashes alot more often, apps come back w/ a force close 'cause something isn't responding, data transfers seem slower, wireless is worse, pretty much everything. Stuff lags super bad. Sometimes the phone won't even unlock. It is now a TOTAL POS UUGH! Add to that the recent interest in rooting seems to have been squashed now because of this update. What a bunch of crap. I wish I could raise hell and get some money back for anything other than this phone. Its not like I am asking a lot from this phone, I have downloaded literally 3 apps. WTF. Thanks for nothing Verizon, shove your PTT.

Sorry about that! I guess you did not get a chance to read over all the posts about the crappy update? I made sure to freeze Innopath to prevent the automatic update. Glad I did! Still running M080 and do not plan any update at all until the M100 update can be rooted.
I even just loaded a new iPhone keypad to use. Rooting is the best!

Upvote 0
Sorry about that! I guess you did not get a chance to read over all the posts about the crappy update? I made sure to freeze Innopath to prevent the automatic update. Glad I did! Still running M080 and do not plan any update at all until the M100 update can be rooted.
I even just loaded a new iPhone keypad to use. Rooting is the best!

way to rub it in lol

Upvote 0
way to rub it in lol

That was not the intent. :rolleyes: I spent weeks reading and reading about rooting and how to do it, what to remove and when and if to update. I tend to let others figure it out, and find all the pitfalls. Then I am very cautious.

I'm the same guy that waits a year to buy a car until they work out all the bugs.

Upvote 0
Well i guess i was lucky, Innopath was NOT frozen on my phone yet the update did not take :D ! So until this can be rooted again Innopath will be frozen and i'll hold onto my rooted-ness! Still on M80 here also! Any ideas why the update would DL then fail to install?

It likely failed because you removed one of the apps that only rooting allowed you to do.
I would guess that you are stuck; no update possible on that phone.

I know I am stuck and I have no problem with that. Wish I had stayed with 2.2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones