• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Commenting on news....

gloriousnumber1

Android Expert
Aug 22, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Why is it that when I open up the Phandroid news tab on the mobile app that in order to comment on a story, I have to log in even though I'm logged in already?

I mean I can post this no problem but it's as if the news section and the forum section are so separated that one doesn't work with the other automatically. This is about as silly as government agencies not communicating. These guys are tech professionals. Am I missing something here?

I'm not an admin, so I'm doing a bit of guesswork here, but Phandroid News seems to be using Disqus as the login for posting comments. Not all parts of a domain have to use the same piece of software or the same cookies. (It's quite common when you have a blog and a forum on the same site, with links to each other, that you have to sign into the one you want to use even if you're already signed into the other one.)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones