• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Communication With Server Failed. Unable To Obtain The New Versions List."

loulou

Feb 12, 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Surprised there's so few threads on here about the Huawei G300.

Anyway. Bought this for my mum's Xmas and setting it up for her. Not sure if I'm quoting the right thing, but it says Build Number: U8815V100R001C02B892. Android version: 2.3.6.

Is this the latest version? Whenever I try to do an Online Upgrade (Firmware and System Software) it says "Communication with server failed. Unable to obtain the new versions list".

I've read about the screen being quite unresponsive (I'd agree with that) and speaker problems (haven't tested yet) and assuming that the upgrades will help these issues.

Have I got the latest Firmware/Software upgrades, and if not, how do I obtain them?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones