Community Help please

Last Updated:

1. ThaiBoy02

ThaiBoy02 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im not sure if I am posting in the correct forum but i wanted to get a sense of what the android community thinks is a better upgrade...
    I have had my Moto Droid since launch and I am eligible for an upgrade and i am having a tough time between the moto x/d2(essentially same phone) and the Samsung Fascinate? Is there any real advantage of one over the other?? Or deal breaker? Pro's and Con's ....

Advertisement
  2. madcat

madcat Member

I have both the DX and the SF and I come out liking the SF for my daily use. Although they are almost identical in size the SF fits/carries better, in my opinion. Screen is amazing and phone overall has been quite stable for me. I also do not care for the physical buttons on the X. They seem to collect dirt a little more. Good luck. I believe you will be very pleased with either one.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The huge difference 'tween the Droid and the Fascinate is the slide out keyboard on the Droid, which some users dislike.

4. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

Questions like this will be answered with favor to that phone of thread most of time. I think you can't go wrong with any of these phones. Listening to user opinion is good, but you'd better go to Verizon or bestbuy store and look at the working demo phones side by side. So you can see how the screen quality, interface and form factor feel like for you.

5. SupraLance

SupraLance Well-Known Member

Here is where you are losing everyone. The Motorola Droid X and the Motorola Droid 2 are quite different in how they compare to the Fascinate.

Many with the Droid 2 find they never use the keyboard. With Swype on the Fascinate, I sure don't miss it. But you might?

The Droid X has better signal, but the Fascinate has a better chipset, camera, and screen. Neither phone has bad signal, chipset, camera, or screen - they just excel in different areas. Which is best for you depends on your needs.

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

well with the exception of screen size and the kb the dx/d2 are the same phone...granted those things do play into purchasing consideration of course :cool: