Compact qwerty keyboard options??

Last Updated:

1. nedar

nedar Member This Topic's Starter

So out of all the keyboards I have tried so far (swype, shapewriter, default HTC qwerty keyboard) The only one that seems to work for me is the compact qwerty keyboard that comes with HTC. However one annoying thing about this is that whenever typing in the google box or the address bar in the browser and certain other application the the xt9 feature is disabled. Hence I have to double tap each button. For example typing "qwerty" with XT9 feature disabled takes ages and annoying as heck.

Do i have any free options for compact qwerty keyboards that work with word prediction and XT9 feature everywhere??.

Nedar

Advertisement
  2. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Yea I don't think there's an option for that, I find it bitter sweet with how the predictive txts works, because sometimes it predicts text that I have in my library that I never wanted there in the first place.

3. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I definitely agree that the compact QWERTY keyboard is the best (and one of the reasons I chose the Hero). For some apps it might be possible to message the developer about adding in predictive text for compact QWERTY. I'm guessing the phones that have it are pretty limited and thats why predictive text isn't universal. But I've seen apps with updates to include smaller fonts for the Droid for example, so probably if its requested then more developers would include it.

And I agree that editing the predictive text dictionary should be possible, rather than only the options of deleting all added words.