Compact QWERTY problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. slinky18

slinky18 New Member This Topic's Starter

When using the stock keyboard and setting it to the compact QWERTY layout, I try to type "I'm" just pressing the key for I and the key for M figuring it would automatically correct it. The suggestion box pops up with Im I'm and then I'm again. I hit space and nothing happens, I hit the first I'm in the suggestion box nothing happens, hit the 2nd I'm in the suggestion box nothing happens. If I then keep typing it will put Um in with no space... Example: I try to type "I'm going home." It would display as "Umgoing home."

Does anyone else have this issue when using the compact QWERTY of the stock keyboard? I can type "I'm" just fine with the QWERTY layout on the keyboard just not on the compact.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. stemcel

stemcel New Member

I've also noticed that the Compact Qwerty keyboard seems to have problems with the word "I'm" typed as <ui>, <m>. It causes all kinds of problems (stops recognizing spaces, won't acknowledge selection of word suggestions, does screw things to the word suggestions engine...). I don't know what the deal is.

I've also noticed that Shift seems to stick in Compact Qwerty mode whether you've double-tapped to enable Caps Lock or not, and the first letter of sentences is not capitalized either.

Finally, I've noticed more crashes of the Android MMS process when using Compact Qwerty. I like the keyboard, but as it stands it's a bug-ridden mess. :(

3. zombii matt

zombii matt Well-Known Member

im having the same problem. hopefully they fix it soon

4. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Same problem here, only it seems intermittent. If I switch back to another keyboard layout then back to compact, it goes away for a short time.

5. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

Try adding it to the dictionary? :confused:

6. dcharag

dcharag Member

So weird, I had a different problem with the word "I'm" when I first got my inc. When I would choose the word from its suggestion, it would put the keyboard into CAPSLOCK. I guess I typed it in enough times that it finally quit.

7. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

the compact keyboard sucks compared to the suretype that the storm uses. cant stand it

8. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Been like that for months now. A real PITA, so I just went with Swype after holding out. Tricky but fun.

9. umermariner

umermariner Member

where do you find the compact qwerty option? I looked everywhere, I have only android keyboard option, and no compact qwerty option there :|... actually, the andriod keyboard for texting sucks as well... no ENTER key :|... I am pretty sure it is not due to cyclogenmod