• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Company Directory App Gone

Hardhead_7

Jun 29, 2010
When I got my Droid X, it had an app that let me search my company directory (Exchange) for numbers and email addresses. I think it was just called Company Directory or Search Company Directory.

Today, I go to look for it, and the app is gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't manually uninstall it. Did it go away with Froyo for some reason (not sure if I used it since the OTA update)?

UPDATE: Turns out, Corporate Directory doesn't exist as a separate app anymore, but the functionality is still there. Just go to Contacts and then hit the search button. Type in the name you're looking for, and after entering at least three characters, you'll see the option to search your company directory below all your phone contacts.

Good job, Google, on taking something as simple and easy to use as the Corporate Directory app and hiding it's functionality deep within the bowels of the phone in a place almost impossible to find.

I knew I could search my company directory with Eclair because there was an app for that right there on the phone. If I didn't know it must be possible somehow I wouldn't have scoured the internet for the answer, and probably would never have known the functionality existed. Why must you hide big stuff like this, Google? Oh, why?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones