Compared to Droid ErisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Sir_Burn_Alot

Sir_Burn_Alot Member This Topic's Starter

Besides the speed of the processor, what are the big differences in the Incredible and the Eris?

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Screen is nicer. Other than that not much. Inc is noticeably faster but I could rock an Eris and not feel bad about it.

3. michaelkahl

michaelkahl Well-Known Member

Screen size - .5 inch larger on Incredible
    Friend Stream - great social network app/widget that aggregates everything into one stream.
    Storage - the incredible has 8gb pluse microSD...the Eris only has microSD.
    Camera - incredible 8mp w/ flash & Eris has 5mp no flash
    RAM - the Incredible has 512mb vs Eris @ 288mb
    AMOLED display - the Incredibles display is gorgeous

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I have the Incredible, my fiance has the Eris. Now that the Eris has been updated to 2.1, it's on a much closer playing field to the Incredible. It still lacks the speed and screen quality/size, but is a great phone if you don't want/need the bigger screen and faster CPU.

That said, unless you're really pressed for cash, I couldn't see getting an Eris over an Incredible. The speed and screen are just too much of an advantage for the difference in price.

5. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

+1 I just came from Eris, I was really thinking it was not going to be worth it cause the upgrades seemed minimal after Eris got 2.1. But the speed and screen are very much worth it. And Incredible is going to be way ahead of Eris with 2.2.

6. Sir_Burn_Alot

Sir_Burn_Alot Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys....What about texting with qwerty keyboard? Are the keys bigger making it easier to text?....I cant seem to text too fast on the Eris.

7. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Thats another thing. I don't know if its just better software or the processor speed... but Eris always had this slight lag in texting/emails, with dialing phone numbers too, so you had to slow down.. Incredible does not seem to have that as far as I can see.

8. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Indeed, the faster processor makes typing smoother. And, of course, the bigger screen means bigger keyboard. I type much better on my Incredible than my fiance's Eris.

If I had an Eris, I can't say I'd upgrade to the Incredible unless I could get the new contract price.

Once the Incredible gets 2.2, it will be far ahead of the Eris. By then, however, there might be a whole new line of Android phones available on VZW. We just don't know how long it'll take HTC to get Sense going on 2.2.

9. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider is continued support. We're all pretty sure the DInc will get 2.2 and I imagine and update or two after that. However, I predict the Eris is unlikely to see much continued support.

Just a thought...

10. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

outdated hardware vs new and better hardware