• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compared to Droid Eris

Screen size - .5 inch larger on Incredible
Friend Stream - great social network app/widget that aggregates everything into one stream.
Storage - the incredible has 8gb pluse microSD...the Eris only has microSD.
Camera - incredible 8mp w/ flash & Eris has 5mp no flash
RAM - the Incredible has 512mb vs Eris @ 288mb
AMOLED display - the Incredibles display is gorgeous

Upvote 0
I have the Incredible, my fiance has the Eris. Now that the Eris has been updated to 2.1, it's on a much closer playing field to the Incredible. It still lacks the speed and screen quality/size, but is a great phone if you don't want/need the bigger screen and faster CPU.

That said, unless you're really pressed for cash, I couldn't see getting an Eris over an Incredible. The speed and screen are just too much of an advantage for the difference in price.

Upvote 0
I have the Incredible, my fiance has the Eris. Now that the Eris has been updated to 2.1, it's on a much closer playing field to the Incredible. It still lacks the speed and screen quality/size, but is a great phone if you don't want/need the bigger screen and faster CPU.

That said, unless you're really pressed for cash, I couldn't see getting an Eris over an Incredible. The speed and screen are just too much of an advantage for the difference in price.

+1 I just came from Eris, I was really thinking it was not going to be worth it cause the upgrades seemed minimal after Eris got 2.1. But the speed and screen are very much worth it. And Incredible is going to be way ahead of Eris with 2.2.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys....What about texting with qwerty keyboard? Are the keys bigger making it easier to text?....I cant seem to text too fast on the Eris.

Thats another thing. I don't know if its just better software or the processor speed... but Eris always had this slight lag in texting/emails, with dialing phone numbers too, so you had to slow down.. Incredible does not seem to have that as far as I can see.

Upvote 0
Thats another thing. I don't know if its just better software or the processor speed... but Eris always had this slight lag in texting/emails, with dialing phone numbers too, so you had to slow down.. Incredible does not seem to have that as far as I can see.

Indeed, the faster processor makes typing smoother. And, of course, the bigger screen means bigger keyboard. I type much better on my Incredible than my fiance's Eris.

If I had an Eris, I can't say I'd upgrade to the Incredible unless I could get the new contract price.

Once the Incredible gets 2.2, it will be far ahead of the Eris. By then, however, there might be a whole new line of Android phones available on VZW. We just don't know how long it'll take HTC to get Sense going on 2.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones