Comparing Android experience with WinMO and MSVC...

Last Updated:

1. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wanting to get a Captivate, but have one concern about moving to Android. I was in a Verizon store looking at a Droid X they had, and it may have been lack of experience of that salesman, but he couldn't demo good voice dial.

I am very accustomed to my Microsoft Voice Command on my old WinMO phone.

I can have my blue tooth headset on, or speaker in the car, and push a button on headset or speaker and say:

"Call <name> on Mobile", or "Call <name> at home". and it does it. No pressing on phone screen or any other keys.

I frequent too many forms I guess. I posted a question like this, but can't find it. Someone said that I should get Vlingo. But while the site says you can call our contacts by voice, they don't really show it on their video. In fact a lot of what their video shows (not everything) can be done, from what I understand, natively on Android.

If you still have to validate by punching anything on the phone, it pretty much doesn't do what I am looking for.

Can anyone provide feedback on this?

BTW, I also really like being able to punch the button and say "PLay Jazz", and listen to music. Not having this is not a show stopper, but it is another feature I really enjoy.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Advertisement
  2. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nobody has any feedback on this topic?

3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

It's still early days for Android but it is catching up fast. Look at the voice input capabilities on the Nexus One