Comparison of performance of Flash Player 10.1 and HTML 5 on Nexus and Iphone 3gs

Last Updated:

1. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Comparison of performance of Flash Player 10.1 and HTML 5 on Mobile Devices on Vimeo

check out this video comparison on prerelease flash 10.1b vs html5. whatever adobe have cooked up for end release for flash 10.1 it's certainly looks great. i think adobe really notice there's a complete difference when running flash on a computer vs mobile devices. if you watch towards the end where they run the same html5 video on iphone 3gs i really feel bad for apple...

but the author does make a great point. just because you can write in html5, it doesnt make you an expert. true true true.

I just cannot wait for the final release of flash on the nexus and other android devices.

Advertisement
  2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Flash player is wonderful (I know because I'm running the Desire Rom) My only complaint though is the relation of the on screen keyboard to a computer keyboard. In the future I'd like to see a keyboard you can customize to play games. That'd be nice :)

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Well keep in mind that HTML5 is a work in progress. Hell, it's estimated to be finalized in 2022... a lot of room for optimization there. But then again, Flash is here and now.

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

There was a report on either Gizmodo or Engadget yesterday, reporting that Adobe & Google are working together to more closely embed Flash into the Chrome browser and operating system.

Essentially, it is something like Flash will no longer be an external plug-in, but more deeply integrated into Chrome.

Effect = users don't realise that it is an external plug-in. Reduced security concerns, etc, etc

My humble opinion - Flash will stay and HTML5 will be developed as well.....

I am not convinced that companies will keep developing/coding for both, so my money is on Flash remaining & HTML5 being limited.....

Google Integrates Flash Into Chrome | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest