Comparison of performance of Flash Player 10.1 and HTML 5 on Nexus and Iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by inspiron41, Mar 31, 2010.

1. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Comparison of performance of Flash Player 10.1 and HTML 5 on Mobile Devices on Vimeo

check out this video comparison on prerelease flash 10.1b vs html5. whatever adobe have cooked up for end release for flash 10.1 it's certainly looks great. i think adobe really notice there's a complete difference when running flash on a computer vs mobile devices. if you watch towards the end where they run the same html5 video on iphone 3gs i really feel bad for apple...

but the author does make a great point. just because you can write in html5, it doesnt make you an expert. true true true.

I just cannot wait for the final release of flash on the nexus and other android devices.

Advertisement

2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Eating Babies (not related to my hobby)
    Colorado
    Flash player is wonderful (I know because I'm running the Desire Rom) My only complaint though is the relation of the on screen keyboard to a computer keyboard. In the future I'd like to see a keyboard you can customize to play games. That'd be nice :)

3. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Well keep in mind that HTML5 is a work in progress. Hell, it's estimated to be finalized in 2022... a lot of room for optimization there. But then again, Flash is here and now.

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Project Manager
    Hampshire, UK
    There was a report on either Gizmodo or Engadget yesterday, reporting that Adobe & Google are working together to more closely embed Flash into the Chrome browser and operating system.

Essentially, it is something like Flash will no longer be an external plug-in, but more deeply integrated into Chrome.

Effect = users don't realise that it is an external plug-in. Reduced security concerns, etc, etc

My humble opinion - Flash will stay and HTML5 will be developed as well.....

I am not convinced that companies will keep developing/coding for both, so my money is on Flash remaining & HTML5 being limited.....

Google Integrates Flash Into Chrome | t-break: Tech @ Its Fastest

Tags: