Compass wildly inaccurate.

Last Updated:

1. RussianVodka

RussianVodka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I tried using Layar 3 different times in 3 different locations, and each time it showed the locations of things to be completely opposite of where they were supposed to be.

So I installed a Compass app and (at least in this room) it seems to be about 90* off.

Can anyone else mess around with Layar / Compass app and report their findings?

Advertisement
  2. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i just dl'd layar last night and started to play around with it. it seemed that, the more results it had, the worse the directional aspect of the app would work. sometimes i'd turn left and it would scroll right. with fewer results, it seemed to work properly.

my experience with the compass app is that it's pretty accurate.

3. skullsdontfade

skullsdontfade New Member

i was playing around with the compass in several different locations and it was very accurate. layar on the other hand, was not. as cooper said, when there were alot of results, the locations seemed off.

4. RussianVodka

RussianVodka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just realized that although I was using Layar in compass friendly areas, when I got to using the compass app I was sitting in my office and the needle was pointing at the server rack that has about a dozen servers in it. Even though it was across the room, it's probably what's causing the problem. I'll try again outside.

5. stephenmg

stephenmg Member

compass seems to be rather accurate for me, tried it in several locations.

6. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

I find it can sometimes go screwy, but if you shake the phone a few times (pretty hard), it will fix itself.