Compatibility with Juice DefenderSupport

1. JPC4th

JPC4th New Member

[​IMG]

I saw that a few forum members recommended Juice Defender, so I decided to see how it worked. And well.....I'm not sure if it's working at all. Judging from the log's feedback, it looks as if my phone may not be compatible with JD. Thoughts...theories...help in general...Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. HTTR

HTTR Well-Known Member

With the great battery life on this phone, why do you need juice defender? I am not a fan of the " battery savers."

I tried it on my Razr and it did not do much. Don't need it on this phone.

Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Agree with this statement. :)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Having an app constantly running to save battery life never made sense to me
  5. JPC4th

JPC4th New Member

I hear ya. Just trying to get the most out of my phone, so-to-speak. Hell, I'm even tinkering with idea of rooting it.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I'll never own another phone that isn't rooted :)
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' VIP Member

Android really has gotten better with battery life thanks to better programming and better hardware. Bad battery life these days tends to come from a small battery capacity, poor signal, or rouge apps using it without your knowledge or consent. JD might have been helpful 2 years ago, but not anymore IMO.
  8. DrewForce

DrewForce Member

For someone like me that has my phone on standby for the vast majority of the day, Juice Defender is great at stopping background downloads going on all day and usually extends my battery life around 1.8x to 2x so it makes a significant difference! You just have to expect to know when you get an e-mail or Facebook message 5-10 minutes later rather than instantly.
  9. DagMiller

DagMiller Well-Known Member

I use JD on my rooted Note2. It does make a difference especially now as Samsung have degraded the battery performance with the 4.1.2 update.

What works well now is that the Note 2 has the resources to have JD running along with numerous other apps.

I would agree that Android is now better at battery management and this phone does have a battery to last. But JD does extend it further if you need it.