Complaint with the mytouch

Last Updated:

1. RHatfield25

RHatfield25 New Member This Topic's Starter

I went to buy a mytouch today, Im glad i played with it first. I use AnySoftKeyboard(ASK) on my G1 because its the only way i can still type with the dvorak keyboard. It runs like native on the G1 its great. BUT on the mytouch you cant turn off the built in on screen keyboard, so everytime youd want to type with ASK you would have to long touch/input method/ASK thenn you could use it.

I asked the tmobile people and they had no clue how to turn it off.
    So i decided NOT to buy it until i knew forsure there was a way to turn off the standard on screen keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

You might want to double check that. I used "better android's" "better keyboard", and in the settings, I had to enable it. After enabling it, I had to long press on a text box and the select input method. But after enabling it in the settings, I only had to do that once.

3. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I've been using the HTC_IME keyboard for about a month. It was the first thing I did to the myTouch.

4. RHatfield25

RHatfield25 New Member This Topic's Starter

yeah i tried everything. On the g1 you can turn on and off the on screen keyboard with a simple check of a box, but on the mytouch, no such luck.
    And i know you have to enable a new keyboard, and it stays enabled, but it dosent default. it just goes back to the stock on screen keyboard. idk. maybe it had something to do with it being an instore model?

5. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Being an in store model would have no bearing on you doing something wrong. It's the same phone.