complete action using...

Last Updated:

1. nate3382

nate3382 Member This Topic's Starter

Almost every time I click on the home button I get the pop up complete this action using launcher, htc sense or launcher pro. I click on set as default but it doesn't save and asks me again the next time I click on the home button. How do I turn this annoying thing off? I have been trying for a few weeks but nothing Ive tried seems to be working. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm running skyraider 3.3 sense
    radio 2.15.00.09.01

I'm trying to get it to set launcher pro as default

Advertisement
  2. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

Are you making sure that before you select LauncherPro that the little check box is selected with a green check mark?

3. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

Are you using Home Switcher? A lot of people have gotten it to work on 2.2 even though the developer says it doesn't, but I never could get the LauncherPro default selection to stick on my DInc (rooted, S-off, Virtuous 3.1). My symptoms were different though, no dialog box. Anyway, switching to HomeSmack seems to have fixed the problem for me.

4. nate3382

nate3382 Member This Topic's Starter

I did try home switcher and set launcher pro by default and still doing it.

And yes, I must have checked the green box 1000 times by now but still wont work. I have thought about reinstalling a os to try to fix this annoying issue but haven't had the time to put my android7 icons back on to it after

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

I assume your rom is Android 2.2 based rather than 2.1? There's a few apps that can reset the default home on 2.1 whenever you long-press the home button (Some really weird bug). But it doesn't seem to happen on 2.2.

If it's just happening when you reboot it might be caused by one of your home programs being stored to the SD Card. (Even if your default isn't on the sdcard, if you have another one or some kind of HomeHelper on the SD Card it will cause the default to get reset).

6. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

Home Switcher is not compatible with Android 2.2. I'm using (and suggest you do, too) the app called HomeSmack. It works just as well as Home Switcher did. No need to go to settings to clear default before switching.

7. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

What I was saying is the same thing EgoDogg said - Home Switcher may be the problem.

8. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member