• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Complete back up stock 2.2

Hi guys, gals ...

I'v decided to return my Desire for a warranty claim for broken ring tone when your calling someone, broken conversation, weak to no signal, unusable speak.

It's still as is out of the box Telstra nextG A8183 2.2.

I have 16gb sd card installed and the usually array of apps.

What I would like is suggestions on back up app that would back the entire phone ... settings, wallpaper, apps, contacts, music, pics etc etc

I'm going to replace the sd card with the one supplied so my 16gb doesn't go astray.

The aim is to restore when it's returned to same as is now, as they will most likely reset ever thing to factory settings.

Thks Greg

Check VISIONary out but to many fails on desire handset to risky.

This my help others or just as reference ...

I emailed HTC help and got this reply ...

Dear Greg,

Thanks for contacting HTC.

Attached herewith is an application that you may use to back up your files stored in your HTC Desire.

Below are the steps to follow for the installation:
1. Install file explorer application from Market on the Desire. Search the keyword

Attachments

• 0_HTC_Backup_v330.apk
    182.5 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0
After reading VISIONary link you posted desire seem to have the most problems if I didn't need to keep it standard to return it may be worth a go.

Greg

Yes, it cannot be used for Perm root on a desire but this is not the feature we're looking at It also offers temp root.

Perm root fails on the desire but temp root (lasts until reboot) works well. It gives you the opurtunity to use rooted apps (until reboot).

Titanium backup will backup all user apps and system settings. You can then temp root on a new / wiped phone and restore this backup. Almost nothing would be lost.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones