complete call usingGeneral

1. sam dayson

sam dayson Member

I have updated my galaxy s4 to android 4.3 ! After updating am not getting pop up menu which gives me option complete call using skype , mobilevoip , viber ecc ! I have tried everything with application manager clear defaults I have also restored my phone to factory settings . Nothing works . Please if anyone can help coz this was the only thing I liked about android and I was using every single day ! Please help

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Even after a FR? Thats odd.

What app did you clear defaults in? I assume you done it in the Phone app.
    What application is called by default? This is the app you need to clear.
  3. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Fwiw e, A handy place to see an overview of assigned defaults-long press home, press pie chart icon...select clear defaults tab
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Is Pie Control available on all, unrooted, stock Samsung firmwares, (or for that matter, on all custom ROMs)? ;)
  5. electricpete

PieControl is a 3rd party app, but I didn't say anything about PieControl.

I was talking long-pressing home key and looking for a pie chart icon in lower left hand corner. It is stock behavior on my AT&T S4 running MK2 firmware (Android 4.3). I assume others have similar stock functionality. Do you not have that?
  6. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Long pressing my home key on my i337/mk2 brings up Google Now. I am unrooted but run Nova Prime launcher.

Edit:
    Oops. Long press of the home key brings up recent apps, not Google Now. Long press of the Menu key brings up Google Now. Apologies.

Bringing up the recent apps also brings up 3 options on the bottom of the screen. The leftmost option is the pie icon pete refers to above. Across the top of the display are different options where you can check RAM, storage, active apps, downloads, and clear defaults. Choosing clear defaults brings up the currently set default options to launch for Gallery, Phone, Messaging, Launcher, and GPS nav.
    Podivin likes this.
  7. ironass

Standard behaviour for long press on the Home key on the worldwide models is to bring up recent apps. Not heard of the pie icon. Possibly this is a carrier add-on for your variant.
  8. sam dayson

sam dayson Member

I have tried eveything ! Cleared cache , clear defaults , reset app prefrences everything nothing working ! Can I degrade from 4.3 ???
  9. ironass

I am afraid that it is not possible to revert to Android 4.2.2 from Android 4.3, as per #1.1 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

Providing that you have cleared the defaults in your models built-in phone app and other dialler apps, (which a Factory Data Reset would have normally done), as suggested by Hawker in post #2, then you may have a corrupt update. You can either take your phone to the nearest Samsung Service Point or your carrier and get it re-flashed or, if your model of phone is not one of the U.S.A. variants that does not release their firmware for download, you can download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your particular model and CSC code by following the instructions in #1.5 of 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?
  10. sam dayson

sam dayson Member

Thanks alot for your help ! I was searching around jus found there are lot of pupils facing same problem ! Some them are saying this feature is not available in 4.3 is that true ?? If anyone of you is using 4.3 do u get option to choose one from various apps before call ?
  11. ironass

As there are 23 different models of the S4 and over 1,000 stock firmwares, it might be a good idea to narrow things down by posting your model number, carrier and firmware version details as per post #8 of the 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

The option to select the method of calling, unless a default has been set, has been available for me on all Android releases for the International, GT-i9505.
  12. sam dayson

sam dayson Member

These are details of my device ! As u can see I have model as urs !

Attached Files:

13. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Verizon = no pie chart.
    ironass likes this.
  14. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

It's not a pie chart, but you have the same function. If you long press the home button (physical button), you can click on "task manager" And you'll see the "Clear Defaults" option at the top. From there, you can clear whatever defaults you've set.
  15. electricpete

For info - behavior of AT&T SGH-i337 shown in attached screenshots:
    first screenshot is what I get after long-press home (AT&T SGH-i337)
    second screenshot is what I get after I click on the pie-chart icon in lower left of first screen.

For op, just to confirm (sorry....it's my annoying habit)
    1 - when you select a phone number, it pulls up the stock dialer?
    2 - you cleared defaults on application "phone"?

If both yes, it is hard to figure...

You might poke around as I suggested in the long-press / pie-chart (or whatever your phone has) "clear defaults" and see if there are any other apps resembling phone that might be cleared. Or maybe clear everything on that whole page if you're desperate.

Also you might for the heck of it try this app (can't hurt?)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appiator.defaultappmanager

Attached Files:

16. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

Pete, that's exactly what I see as well... other than the defaults are different in some cases. Sorry for the bad info earlier.