Complete noobie to android phones...STILL a bit torn.

Last Updated:

1. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys

Ok so I'm on the Verizon network with a little LG Dare. Ive NEVER had an Android phone or any phone outside of the typical run-of-the-mill phones on the network. Now my father (Whose plan I share with) JUST got a Droid X and I was stunned. Ive known little to nothing about these phones, I always loved the Iphone (CURSE YOU!!! I know :p ) but never looked outside of that. Now that I have the option to have something as good, or even better, on my own plan, I REALLY want to make the transition.

So after doing FAR too much research on almost every Android out right now, I'm going with the Incredible. It just FEELS right even if it is slightly outdated compared to the Droid X/Fascinate/Droid 2. My only concern is that I would like to go with a one year plan but might not have that option. And I dont want to get into something and be stuck with it for an entire 2 years when there is a new "generation" of phones coming out in a few months(Sort of what happened with the Dare 2 years ago). So my question is: Should I really upgrade next week (when I have the ability to upgrade) or wait out with the Dare until late fall/winter for verizon to come out with some more phones (When apparently there is going to be a SURGE of great phones)? And anymore info would be great. Thanks guys.

FYI

-im on a Family share plan with my dad, and paying him a fraction of what my bill would be separately. I am going to be paying for the data plan/insurance for any Android phone.

-Dad has a Droid X and I really can't stand it. Too big and clunky. The Fascinate is a bit too cumbersome with its OS and I dont care for Bing. I prefer Google.

-ANYTHING would be better than the Dare at this point, but I can tolerate it for a little while.

-Are there any new details on newer Verizon phones coming out? I keep hearing about the Incredible 2/HD, Merge, that odd Nexus One full keyboard thing.

-Im hoping to replace my ipod, point and click camera (dont even have one), GPS, radio, and main phone with this device.

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

With the Incredible's specs, and software, I'd be willing to say it'll stay current for quite some time. Go for it.

3. Pop Korn

Pop Korn Member

They are always going to be coming out with new phones. Just get the X and you will be chill for a couple of years.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Exactly. If you wait a few months then get a phone, there will be a new round of phones coming shortly after that.

5. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Totally not into the X but I do see where you're coming from. Im thinking the incredible, its a good size, nice feel, and GREAT OS. Thanks for the feedback guys!