Completely dead Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. jimithng23

jimithng23 Member This Topic's Starter

"Invalid Battery" Please insert a valid Motorola battery.

Has anyone else seen this or have this issue?

When using the home charger, the device will power on and I can go about my business as usual, including data and wifi but the battery indicator displays a "?" instead of showing a charging battery.

I left the device plugged in to the wall charger all night and the battery took zero charge. If I unplug the charger the device immediately dies and will not power on.

I've tried:

-removing the battery for a few minutes, replacing the battery, powering on - nothing
    -removing the battery for a few minutes, removing the SD card, replacing the battery, powering on - nothing
    -removing the battery for a few minutes, removing the SD card, replacing both the battery and the SD card, powering on - nothing
    -tried all of these using the wall charger as well, then disconnecting the charger, dead.

I called VZW tech support, they escalated me to a "Level 2" Tech dude, he tried to have me do a factory reset. The device won't allow a factory reset if the battery level is below 25% so that didn't work. We then tried holding the power button and the home button for a Master Reset, both with and without the wall charger - nothing. He then told me to go to the store I bought it at and exchange for a new one...unfortunately we all know there is zero stock on the X right now so I'd have to *pay* for my new one while I wait for it to arrive, then they *refund* the $ back to me. I really, really, really do not want to go through this process...

Does anyone, anyone...have any ideas for me?

Advertisement
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you tried charging it using the data cable? Maybe (hopefully) it's the wall charger. 2nd worse case scenario is the battery. Worse Case Scenario...bad X

jimithng23 likes this.
  3. jimithng23

@Doit2it - I tried the stock wall charger, a car charger, and another wall charger I have at home...all do the exact same thing.

Also, I just removed the battery and SD card again, connected the wall charger, and powered the device on. I still received the same "Invalid Battery" message even though there was no battery installed. This leads me to believe the device is defective, not the battery.

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

When it is plugged in, does the power icon in the notification bar have the little "lightning bolt" indicator for charging?

If not, sounds like the phones charging circuit is fubar.

5. jimithng23

no...when it is plugged in, the battery indicator shows a "?" inside the battery icon...

6. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Did you try another battery?

7. jimithng23

no...I don't have another battery laying around

8. jimithng23

*UPDATE*

New Droid X being shipped 2nd day air. Will have it in my hands on Wednesday. Thanks for the fantastic customer support, Verizon!