Completely Silence Phone

Last Updated:

1. regression

regression Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I completely silence everything in the phone? I long press the red end button and from the pop up, I choose silent. That works for phone calls / email notifications / text notifications. However, after I did that, I went to Slacker and it started playing (even though I had the silent icon in the notification area). I had to then press the down volume key to turn off the media volume.

Is there a way to make everything silent without downloading a 3rd party app?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

This is true, the "silent" mode does not effect the media volume. You WILL have to download a 3rd part app, at least far as I know. A good one is simply "Volume Control" ... shows you the levels for EVEYRTHING, and lets you customize. It also lets you control vibration. Search fr it in the market.

3. regression

Thanks. Do you know who makes "Volume Control"? I see 3 in the market that have that name.

4. scottmbolt

Good question. The one I use is developed by "RevoSolutionary". It is seriously one of the most useful apps out of all I have downloaded.

5. scottmbolt

6. regression

7. SpecialEd

SpecialEd Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work out for you, you can try Quick Profiles. I have two widgets on my desktop to toggle between normal and silent (and I allow vibrate in silent).

What really hacks me off is I can't use the silent mode toggle from the lock screen. I want visual indication that the phone is quiet. Technically, I get that because I can see the vibrate icon when I am in silent mode, but the big mute icon on the lock screen still shows no mute.

8. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

Mute does the trick for me