• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help COMPLETELY Uninstalling Apps

Thats a tough question because different apps do all kinds of different things, installing folders in the root folder and then other times making folders deeper down which are harder to find. I think the uninstall removes everything for most apps besides maybe some user data, but its difficult to be sure about it. Again, it depends on the individual apps we are talking about. Some apps are really difficult to get rid of such as AT&T apps on my Captivate. The uninstall button was greyed out and non-functional until I got a custom ROM.

Upvote 0
A good practice when uninstalling apps is to, when you are in Manage Applications and click on the app you want to uninstall, if it is running select "Force Stop", select "Clear Cache" (if any), "Clear Data" (this will delete the apps corresponding folder in the /data/app folder), then select "Uninstall". That should give you a clean uninstall of the app.
Unlike Windows programs they don't install various components spread around a hundred different locations.

Reactions: Christman and jj2me
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones