• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compliments/Gripes on Official JB

Gripes- Can't move the app drawer. I really liked having it in the center with stock ICS. Can't turn off TW. But that's more me griping just cause I got so used to the "stock" ICS. Not an OTA update. I had quite the process to get it on my phone, but that is partly due to my lack of a PC situation I'm in right now.

Compliments- It's snappy. Like, noticeably snappy. Project Butter really kicked new life into this phone. Everything just feels faster. Even the camera. The new TW lets me use folders. I'm so glad that it does too. The ICS folders were one of my favorite features, and I'm glad to see that TW uses them now.

Upvote 0
finally! was contemplating whether if I should re-root just to install jellybean before officially coming out.

I still don't like TW so I installed HOLO LAUNCHER HD.

also, don't like the stock keyboard. it's better than stock ICS but then again, have to remember this version of JB isn't the latest.

can't screenshot!!! idk how to now :(

can't say yet if battery life has improved.

other than that, I like it :)

Reactions: copperwerewolf
Upvote 0
finally! was contemplating whether if I should re-root just to install jellybean before officially coming out.

I still don't like TW so I installed HOLO LAUNCHER HD.

also, don't like the stock keyboard. it's better than stock ICS but then again, have to remember this version of JB isn't the latest.

can't screenshot!!! idk how to now :(

can't say yet if battery life has improved.

other than that, I like it :)

While holding down the power button press the home key to do a screenshot.

Upvote 0
Blue light comes on fine when the phone is done charging for me. What I did notice though, is that if the screen is on, then there will be no notification light. Also, if the phone is plugged in and you get a text or an email or anything that would use your notification light, then it will not turn on the charging light until you have checked your notifications.

Upvote 0
Wifi was shut off by itself. Had to go back in on both of our phones and re enter the passwords. We had Wifi enabled on both phones,but it would not show available networks even when turning it off and back on. Had to go to Settings and re do it.
Phone has VERY low battery life now. 2 Hrs and 42 minutes on battery power. Used to be all day. Don't rely on it as an alarm clock!
Phone jumps from 40% power to 6% in a second and shuts down.
Phone shuts off by itself,and restarts several times.
:mad:

Upvote 0
Wifi was shut off by itself. Had to go back in on both of our phones and re enter the passwords. We had Wifi enabled on both phones,but it would not show available networks even when turning it off and back on. Had to go to Settings and re do it.
Phone has VERY low battery life now. 2 Hrs and 42 minutes on battery power. Used to be all day. Don't rely on it as an alarm clock!
Phone jumps from 40% power to 6% in a second and shuts down.
Phone shuts off by itself,and restarts several times.
:mad:

Did you clear the cache after the upgrade? Turn the phone off, hold the volume up button and then the power button. Hit Clear Cache, then Reboot.

That should help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones