• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Compose Gmail shortcut?

I performed a quick search, didn't find anything on this:

I have 4 gmail accounts on my Droid.

Can we create a 'desktop' shortcut that opens a "composed email".. ? Specifically, a different shortcut for EACH gmail account.. ?

I have seen the gmail label in the shortcuts, but it seems to just open the inbox, or a labeled folder..

Has anyone created these shortcuts?

FC
--

"When Seconds Count, the Police are only Minutes Away"

Email To Self v1.5 Application for Android | Productivity
Howrhee: For whatever weird reason, the app description talks only about saving web pages. But desperation coerced me into trying it months ago, and it turned out to be pretty much what I wanted. Then-missing feature: the ability to choose from among several addys, so I wrote to the developer. Within 24 hours, he had added that feature.

Set up your prefs with the "to" addys desired. Thereafter, whenever you click the app icon, a drop-down list of those addys appears. Select the one you want, and you're taken to your main account. Your cursor will land in the subject field, with the "to" populated per your selection. I've been using this for a few months (first on the MyTouch, then the Droid), on a daily basis, and wouldn't be without it now. Not free, but cheap. Operates flawlessly!

Upvote 0
Email To Self v1.5 Application for Android | Productivity
Howrhee: For whatever weird reason, the app description talks only about saving web pages. But desperation coerced me into trying it months ago, and it turned out to be pretty much what I wanted. Then-missing feature: the ability to choose from among several addys, so I wrote to the developer. Within 24 hours, he had added that feature.

Hey, I like this.. just finished setting it up... This will definitely work..

I click the ICON on my main home screen, and then click the address from the drop down, and VOILA, I am ready to type in the subject line..

This will work... ..and for $1.05 ... almost free.. :)

THANKS for the tip!!

FC

Upvote 0
Wow, great suggestion on the Email to Self app.

I was a little skeptical at first because it seems to be meant for sending yourself web pages (whereas I was looking for something to just send myself notes). But then when you go into the options, the last option is that you can have it place an icon for you to "Email Note to Self" - perfect.

Huge. Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones