1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Composing an email in Gmail on HTC Incredible

Last Updated:

1. 2mshepherd

2mshepherd New Member This Topic's Starter

I feel like an idiot even for asking this, but I've consulted the Google and used the forum search. In any case, this should be so obvious I don't understand how I've spent 20 minutes screwing around on the phone and have not figured it out.

Anywho, I want to go into Gmail, compose a new email, and be able to select contacts (or even have the app provide a look-ahead list based on what I type). This is exactly how the Gmail app for my Blackberry 8830 worked so I don't understand why there seems to be less functionality no an Android phone. In any case, it seems that no matter what, all I can do is manually type in email addresses.

Also, I know I can go into Contacts (People) and select a person's email. This brings up a menu option to email using Gmail or my Exchange email account. This in't good enough because all I can do is open a new email to one person this way. What if I want to email 10 people!?

Anyway, the phone must be able to do this. I must be blind. Please enlighten me as to what I'm missing.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Start typing the recipient's first name in the to box. When you pick up your finger or type space a list of names will show, select the name and keep doing that until you have all the names you want in the to list.