Comprehensive Emulator Guide

Last Updated:

1. Trev186

Trev186 Well-Known Member

One thing I need to know. Does Radiant silvergun platy

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I recall it works, but sloooow. Plays good on my quad core desktop ;)

It is also coming to Xbox Live :)
  3. Trev186

Xbox live is pointless. My phone is primary source of gaming

So no idea if Flandry would port SDL MAME to Android? I know several applications that use SDL on Android already. A few are even mentioned in this thread
  4. Trev186

Somewhat related to emulation

I got my 64 GB SDXC card today. It works no problems. So Now I can fit almost all my Ps1 games on my phone at once :D
  5. rushmore

Converted mine to pbp format and was able to almost double the amount of roms. Used Icetea to convert.
  6. disastar

disastar Well-Known Member

Which phone? I wonder if the 64GB cards would work on an old EVO 4G when formatted to FAT32?
  7. Trev186

Evo 3d

I would bet you money a G1 could even use a SDXC card
  8. akmod

akmod New Member

whats the best possible phone to buy to run emu games such. n64 or snes. i have att. if it had buttons too it would prob be easier. Is their an android phone with lots of processing power that also has buttons??
  9. akmod

akmod New Member

I know some phones have keyboard bluetooth cases like iphone. Is Samsung Gallaxy 2 S the best you can get from ATT currently?
  10. rushmore

If on VZW, the Droid 3, since much better device than the Play, in spite of just having a keyboard.

N64 plays far more games smooth on the D3.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

So....My PSX4Droid stopped working and is forcing me to buy the update from the market. tsk.
  12. rushmore

Call it fate, since FPse is ten times better and worth the money you would pay for PSX4droid.
  13. Arnington

Arnington New Member

Hi,

Love playing all old skool games on my Samsung GS2 especially the old Konami and Capcom scrolling beat em ups on MAME4DROID. But my 2 fav games that i would love to have in my pocket WWF superstars and Wrestlefest never seem to be supported? Does anyone know why? or know of a way to get them to work? I would happly pay for an emulator that just ran these 2 Tecmo/Technos games :)

Cheers

Arnie
  14. rushmore

The app supports ROM sets in .37b and this was before those ROM sets were supported.
  15. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

I'd like to add a little to this emulation talk.

I'm a HUGE fan of retro gaming - grew up on NES, SNES... and pretty much all systems that came after that (including NEO GEO). So when I first saw emulators on Android I couldn't hold my excitement.

I utilize the dropbox app as a way to share all my save states and games between all my devices (mostly GNex and Xoom) and have my main drive on my computer to house all the data.

This morning I picked up DQ3 (SNES) to get past an area I've been stuck on and while sitting in front of my computer and saving it off my phone I see a small window pop up showing that my save state file has been modified on my dropbox cloud.

Add to that being able to mirror my screen to the TV and use a wireless (bluetooth) controller and you have all retro games networked and playable on a large screen TV.
  16. Reverend2009

Reverend2009 Member

You gotta add Beebdroid to this list - it's an amazing BBC B Emulator. Elite on Android!!!!!
  17. botoboto

botoboto Member

nice post...thaks for sharing...
  18. Hey,

What phone are you using to play these games on?

Just one sixaxis controller, but with MHL/HDMI out to a TV?

Awesomeface.

:D :D :D
  19. MikePic,

Have you had any luck using 2 bluetooth controllers? Your setup is exactly what I'm after, but I think I'll go for a SGS2 as I love that handset.

Cheers!
  20. Trev186

Hello All

I updated my list. It is cleaner, includes more emulators and is more to the point. Let me know if you like it :D

Spread the news on the unreleased emulators

If you want to see an emulator which has not been ported to Android yet I encourage anyone who reads this forum to contact both Android and PC emulator devs to make a port
    rushmore likes this.
  21. rushmore

I prefer local storage, so use a 64gb microcsd each on my Razr and View, and a 64gb sd card on my Thrive (all usb gamepads work great with the Thrive).
  22. Trev186

Dropbox has file size limits. Which pretty much derails 90% of PS1 GAMES
  23. rushmore

Nice update and ditto on the 64gb cards, not to mention with non local, you are stuck relying on the cloud, which can be an issue if no signal or battery concerns. Speaking of PS1, FPSe is amazing and plays the smaller pbp files fine :)

Wish PSXe for windows played pbp files, since for most games, saves about 60% of file space.
  24. Trev186

Make sure and rename the .pbp files. Fpse automatically remembers your game specific settings. This way if you change the memory card you use for a specific game or a different controller setup FPSE remembers it even if you load a different game and change the setup.

With pbp files (eboots) they automatically are named eboot.pbp. if you rename it to ff7.pbp fpse will still play it.

Fpse remembers the settings by game via the name of the game file
    rushmore likes this.
  25. rushmore

THAT explains the settings issues I was having with fPse.