• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Comprehensive list of known issues?

uninstalled batterymanager no more airplane mode. My gps thinks im allways in a diffrent country though. I even had been charged by sprint for 24 international text messages that it turns out the wireless network thought i was in a diffrent country when i sent the texts out to people. Most of the cargers were for texing my wife. they did credit my account for me so watch your online ussage report!!!!!!!!!!! Any one having this issue???????????

Upvote 0
uninstalled batterymanager no more airplane mode. My gps thinks im allways in a diffrent country though. I even had been charged by sprint for 24 international text messages that it turns out the wireless network thought i was in a diffrent country when i sent the texts out to people. Most of the cargers were for texing my wife. they did credit my account for me so watch your online ussage report!!!!!!!!!!! Any one having this issue???????????

I'm not laughing at your situation, I'm laughing at the fact that Sprint charged for international texts from a phone in the US. LOL!

Thanks for the heads up. When I buy a new phone though, I always set it so it will not roam. It might limit some of my usage range but it 100% prevents the problem you're talking about.

As for your GPS issue, disable cellular GPS and enable GPS satellite location. It will fix the foreign country bug.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble getting mine to connect to my iMac. Someone suggested toggling the USB debugging on, that didn't work and now it won't connect to a Windows computer either. :thinking:

Update on this...I tried playing around again and after toggling the USB debugger on and off while plugged into the Mac, it connects now and this morning plugging it in to charge, it popped right up with the alert "USB Connected" under the notifications tab. :cool:

Upvote 0
When my battery reaches 5% (as reported by battery widget), and I start using the built-in browser my phone freezes and auto resets. This has happened 4-5 times and is really annoying, especially since I know through the BIOS the battery is actually at 30% or so.

Today for the first time, my phone reset at 5% while looking at my list of mp3s in the music app.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is my phone defective?:thinking:

Upvote 0
the biggest issue i have noticed is the GPS. is there any fix for it? it worked for a day, then it always tells me to move to an open area. i'm driving down the interstate, isn't that enough of an open area? i had sprint flash it at the store, again it worked for about a day. now, it is back to the usual, "move to an open area"

Upvote 0
GPS totally gone. WiFi is wacky (on/off/non-existent). Hangs up current call instead of beep when being alerted to an incoming call. Bluetooth is not consistent. Data is sporadic. Screen remains black and has to be reset occasionally. These issues and others are pretty severe...

There must be great competitive pressure to produce a phone quickly rather than efficiently. I'm sold on the potential as much as the features; that is the only thing that keeps me from returning it... today.

Upvote 0
I don't know if it's just me but the face and the slider mechanism do not very solid. I pick it up and I can feel it trying to slide open. It's f***ing annoying.

I found this to be true with the rubber type cover in use--it wouldn't 'snap' shut properly and was falling open all the time. I had issues with the cover so I took it back to trade but they were out so I got a harder type and now I hear it click close and it stays closed. Just a thought if you have a cover..maybe it's not allowing it to close properly.

Upvote 0
When my battery reaches 5% (as reported by battery widget), and I start using the built-in browser my phone freezes and auto resets. This has happened 4-5 times and is really annoying, especially since I know through the BIOS the battery is actually at 30% or so.

Today for the first time, my phone reset at 5% while looking at my list of mp3s in the music app.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is my phone defective?:thinking:

This is happening to a small number of users, myself included. I'm not sure if it's an app we've all installed or what. I too worry that there's something wrong with my phone in general... I seem to get a larger than acceptable number of "error" messages (processes terminating unexpectedly, etc.) and I have AWFUL battery life... but I've also been enjoying the market a bit, so it might be my app addiction screwing with my phone.

Upvote 0
the biggest issue i have noticed is the GPS. is there any fix for it? it worked for a day, then it always tells me to move to an open area. i'm driving down the interstate, isn't that enough of an open area?

put it up on the dash or near a window, not on your console. The signal can't travel down from the GPS satellites thousands of miles and then bend to go around the roof of your car/dashboard. Sometimes you can get a signal without having line of sight to directly overhead, but it's luck.

If you have the GPS Status app, it has a neat feature that lets you point your phone at the strongest Sat signal.

This is happening to a small number of users, myself included. I'm not sure if it's an app we've all installed or what. I too worry that there's something wrong with my phone in general... I seem to get a larger than acceptable number of "error" messages (processes terminating unexpectedly, etc.) and I have AWFUL battery life... but I've also been enjoying the market a bit, so it might be my app addiction screwing with my phone.

My phone has a tendency to randomly reboot when the battery gets to 5% (but is not actually dead yet). Usually if I'm using Browser.

Upvote 0
Something to the post about not being able to d/l things from the market while Wi-Fi is on, I can do that. In fact, I just did. With 8 things. I have Wireless N running in my house, if it matters, though it shouldn't because this phone only goes up to G speeds.

Anywho, d/l with Wi-Fi on works.

have you tried with paid apps? mine always hangs when it's doing the CC verification. Not that I'm buying apps every day. Oh wait... yeah, I am. :)

Upvote 0
Something to the post about not being able to d/l things from the market while Wi-Fi is on, I can do that. In fact, I just did. With 8 things. I have Wireless N running in my house, if it matters, though it shouldn't because this phone only goes up to G speeds.

Anywho, d/l with Wi-Fi on works.

Probably because wireless N is backwards compatible with wireless G. So unless you've got your router set to "N" only it should work with "G".

Which curiously I thought it odd the Moment doesn't have the hardware to work with "N" even though it's been approved. Or at least that was what I was told at the Sprint store.

Upvote 0
It may have been mentioned before, but I've seemed to notice I lose an internet connection for a bit, whenever I try to download a lot of things.

It's happened twice, but that's enough for me to feel like it's a trend, and I'll see if it continues to happen.

A couple days ago I downloaded probably 7 or 8 apps from the market, and by the 7th or so, it seemed to stall, and not do anything. I killed all the running apps, and then tried to play some of the games I downloaded, and none of them were able to connect to the internet (for high scores, or for the instructions, or whatever else).

Same thing happened again yesterday.

Upvote 0
It may have been mentioned before, but I've seemed to notice I lose an internet connection for a bit, whenever I try to download a lot of things.

It's happened twice, but that's enough for me to feel like it's a trend, and I'll see if it continues to happen.

A couple days ago I downloaded probably 7 or 8 apps from the market, and by the 7th or so, it seemed to stall, and not do anything. I killed all the running apps, and then tried to play some of the games I downloaded, and none of them were able to connect to the internet (for high scores, or for the instructions, or whatever else).

Same thing happened again yesterday.
A good piece of advice, don't do that:eek: (sorry) Unless you have read through all of the comments on the app that you are DLing, and you specifically note that it runs perfectly (or not at all) with the Samsung Moment, you should DL them 1 at a time. Just in case one of them does something messy, you will have an easier time finding and fixing the issue.

Remember, this is not an iphone with all perfectly compatible software in the market. Android is on many different devices with many different versions, and not everything that you download will operate perfectly (and sometimes may cause glitches). It's the price you pay for a free market, and not being under the thumb of the iEmpire's dictation of what is best for you. You have to be a little more precautious.:)

Upvote 0
I read over in Sprint Community that soem are having issues with the Moment randomly going into Airplane Mode. Anyone here experiencing this?

I am. Samsung is sending me a new phone today so they can take my phone and find out what is causing the airplane mode bug.

The only way to get any worthwhile support from Samsung mobile seems to be through their twitter account... Samsung Mobile USA (SamsungMobileUS) on Twitter

Upvote 0
I dont know if someone has talked about this yet but my phone screen never cuts off if im on speakerphone or have the headphones plugged in during a call. this is really aggravating because i either have to put the phone in my pocket or put it facedown on a table or in the worst case, put something on top it so the proximity sensor cuts the screen off. But it never times out on its own. is there any way to fix this?

Upvote 0
I dont know if someone has talked about this yet but my phone screen never cuts off if im on speakerphone or have the headphones plugged in during a call. this is really aggravating because i either have to put the phone in my pocket or put it facedown on a table or in the worst case, put something on top it so the proximity sensor cuts the screen off. But it never times out on its own. is there any way to fix this?

Push End

or change the setting so the screen times itself out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones