computer can't find x10 drive.

Last Updated:

1. endri49

endri49 New Member This Topic's Starter

i have a sony ericsson x10a branded with at&t. I have been trying to root it for sometime now, but every time i try to, the process never works because my computer can't detect. I changed usb ports and changed my "path" settings. When i run regetid it finds the usb port, but the device i.d. is incorrect (when i go to root, it still won't find the device.) Don't know what else to do. Anybody got anything?

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

Have a read HERE.

3. endri49

endri49 New Member This Topic's Starter

the method they are using seems to work but the main problem is that my computer can't identify my device. i tried all the device i.d.'s i have

4. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

You will need a root apk file. I used X10Root.1.0.8.apk

I downloaded AdroidCentral Sideloader Wonder Machine Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

then I dloaded SDK Manager etc from here Installing the SDK | Android Developers which helped install the drivers and everything I needed. Not sure if this was all necassary, but it worked good!

USB info--> http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

The only issue I ran into was that the SDK seemed to only work the one time, then when turning off the pc it wouldnt find the phone again. In Sideloader it wouldnt show a device ID. All I ended up having to do was go to Device Manager on your PC and find Sony Ericsson ADB Interface driver--> hit update driver--> do manual update, and then point to the SDK install folder on your "C" drive of the computer so it could find the driver. (or wherever you have it installed) After that no problems.