Computer does not see SD card HELPSupport

1. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Well-Known Member

Before Gingerbread I had no problems looking at my Droid Charges SD card or transferring to/from. Now I am in a constant loop that gets me nothing. The strange thing is that I can open up ADB and my device is there and I can browse the folders and list files in them.

When I connect via USB, it does not ask Multimedia or Mass storage and when I pull down the notification and touch the Mass storage or USB symbol, the phone dismounts my SD card as if I wanted to take it out.

How I am set up:
    Settings > Applications > Development have USB Debugging checked
    Settings > USB set to ASK

Full cycle of what happens when I connect to computer:

I get a notification from my firewall that some program TO DO wants access to the internet. I go into Explorer and see a drive J with verizon files in it.
    Drive J (450x329).jpg

So I let the program TO DO run and the files in J are executed and drivers are installed. The results.
    Reconnect (450x217).jpg

I disconnect the phone and reconnect it and sometimes there is a drive J with the files in there as before, and other times nothing.

I go to phone while still connected:
    Pull down the notification bar and see this

snap20111230_074944 (270x450).jpg

I open either one of the USB listings and get this screen

snap20111230_074959 (270x450).jpg

I touch the connect to PC bar and get this

snap20111230_075011 (270x450).jpg

Then I hit OK and get this

snap20111230_075020 (270x450).jpg

And it just spins and spins and spins and nothing happens. When I back out and go into settings > SD card & Storage I see that my card is unmounted and have to remount it.

I am rooted, I used the Kernel imoseyon_kernel_charge_gb_4.0.0 from this site. http://www.toms-world.org/android/

ODEN does see my device while connected.

Not a total disaster I use AllShare or Asrto with the network plug in to transfer files between computer and phone or the other way around, but I really may need access on the computer sometime.

What should I do to see the SD card?

Advertisement
  2. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member

try different card, to make sure it's not card issue.
    in computer world, hard drives must be properly formatted to work with a pc.

PS is the card properly inserted?
  3. chrstdvd

Yep, it is in correctly. I can connect to PC and read the card files with ADB, I just can not mount it as a drive. I am suspecting the kernel as that is the only thing that is not stock. Either that or I have frozen an app that is somehow involved.
  4. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

Go back to my web site and download a file titled " Root Dismount of SDCard in USB Mode Fix" via your phone's web browser to the SDCard. Then reboot into CWM and flash that ZIP file in CWM. Remember to mount /system in Mounts and Storage before flashing the ZIP file.

This should fix the issue you're having.
    Hal_ and chrstdvd like this.
  5. chrstdvd

I can not access your files download page on my phone. I have accessed it on computer and downloaded it there. I get a message about your page being closed down on the phone when I type in the URL from the computer.

I will take this up again in the morning when I have a clearer mind. I will send screen shots etc if I still can not access the page on phone in the morning. If worse comes to worse I will ADB the file to the phone.

Thanks for the response.
  6. chrstdvd

OK, fresh mind and I retried to get the file from the web site using my phones browser. Still would not work, the page will not scroll down in Dolphin or the stock browser.

I transferred the file from computer to phone SD card using Astro's Networking plug-in by copying it from my downloads folder on computer and pasting it onto the root of the SD card.

When I went into CWM the only choice I had was "unmount System", so I figured the system was mounted and I backed out Chose the zip and installed it.

Booted back up, plugged her into computer and the drivers installed and then I touched the connect to computer on the phone screen. BOOM! It works. Thank you so much!
  7. trparky

Glad to hear that you were able to get the fix installed and that it worked for you.
  8. trparky

I did some changes to my web site in question, specifically I put a "Force Mobile Mode" link on the page to make you have the ability to force the page into Mobile Viewing Mode.

Ordinarily the detection used to determine if the site should be viewed in Mobile Mode works fine for me and I've tested it on my own Droid Charge. I base the detection on the User Agent that the site gets, I look for strings like "mobile" and "android" in the User Agent. So if you changed the default User Agent it may cause issues and thus make you have to force the site into Mobile Mode.
  9. chrstdvd

Still does not scroll. So I hit menu
  10. Hal_

Hal_ New Member

Thanks trparky! I've been fighting with this for a while today