Computer Doesn't DetectSupport

1. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

Hi folks. I want to transfer a file on to my Galaxy, to set it as a ringtone. When I connect the phone to my PC (running Win7), it doesn't do anything. My Device Manager doesn't even blink; but the phone starts to charge... What is up here? Thanx people

Advertisement
    :
  2. philayl

philayl Well-Known Member

funkylogik and ilyabyk83 like this.
  3. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

I don't have that installed. Does this have to be installed for my PC to see my Galaxy?? Thank You
  4. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

5. philayl

Yes, you need a driver for the USB connection. Phil
  6. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

Attached Files:

7. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

If you are going down this route... I strongly suggest you start with Kies...

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

I still advise against it and just go for Airdroid from the playstore.
    ilyabyk83 likes this.
  8. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

Guys, I just simply want to transfer a file from my PC to my mobile. I'll install anything you guys tell me to. WHAT TO INSTALL???
  9. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

I just installed it. Now what?? Thanx
  10. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

What have you just installed?

If it's drivers or KIES: you should be able to just plug the phone into the PC via USB; it should detect it and you can transfer files.

If it's Airdroid; launch Airdroid on your phone > it will give you a website address for your pc and follow the instructions.
  11. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 On Probation

This

Attached Files:

12. philayl

The link I posted should take you to correct page, it does if I click on it, try right clicking on it and selecting copy link, then open a new tab in your browser and pasting it. Phil
  13. jjbturnage

jjbturnage Active Member

When that exact thing happened to me I had a bad usb cable changed it out and boom it worked fine
    ilyabyk83 likes this.