Computer doesn't recognize Hero

Last Updated:

1. nvillamob

nvillamob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I computer either a) the drive doesn't show in my computer or b) the drive shows up for a minute but then crashes with no warning. I just got my Hero so I'm trying to transfer music from the computer to the phone but am unable to do this if I can't access the SD card. any suggestions?

Computer is running Windows 7
    HTC Hero running Android 1.5

Advertisement
  2. JameyK

JameyK Well-Known Member

Are you on a laptop? Sometimes, (like here actually) my laptop just doesn't have the power out off the USB to light up the Hero. I moved to my desk top at home and two desk tops at work, and it's been fine, every time.

If you have a desktop...try that.

3. nvillamob

nvillamob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I am on a laptop actually. I don't have a desktop. I've also got an ipod touch and the laptop never had a problem with syncing it to iTunes.

4. JameyK

JameyK Well-Known Member

Same here....the Hero needs more power than that ipod touch does. If you have access to a desktop at work, try it there.

5. TsiTravis

TsiTravis Member

So i just posted the same issue, thinking it was my SD card because this never happened with 1.5 but has been happening recently with the developer ROMs, and behold, it worked on a desktop.

What is the possibility that the 2.1 based roms have a more stringent requirement causing the laptops to not work?

I'm just confused as to why this problem has just started happening?

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I have been running a 2.1 rom for 2.5 months and have never had this issue at all. I used my laptop just the other day to sync all my itunes music with my hero and it wasn't plugged in and worked flawlessly. I have never heard of it being an issue with not having enough juice through the usb because it is a laptop and not a desktop. Have you all tried to switch usb ports? I have seen that help other people with similar issues...

Good luck to all.....