• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Computer doesn't recognize the new sd card

OzymandiasX

Lurker
Aug 18, 2012
I have an Optimus Elite. But that shouldn't matter. I placed the card inside and the phone does recognize it. I've connected it through the usb cable and the computer only spots the 2 gb card which came with the phone.

I've placed data on the 2 gb card before. I haven't the slightest clue what the problem could be.

That's a bit rash. Is SanDisk a budget company?

I'm not an expert on this matter, but perhaps I have to do something else after I've placed the card into the phone? Maybe change a setting.

If you bought it off amazon in bulk packaging, it may be a bad card. It happens, and I've personally made that mistake. If you bought it from a store, I would just exchange it and hope for the best. Once you mount the SD card, there should be no settings to change.

Upvote 0
there is nothing you need to do.. other than mount the card, which it should do automatically. if you put it in a PC and it works fine. Most likely it is bad.

you can try to format the card in the phone or in a PC.. see if this fixes it.

other wise.. it needs to go back for repair.
Here is the good news.. Sandisk has lifetime warranty!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones